Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 12, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #84,242 of 151,038
Due to a software bug the Mustang A/C defaults to factory present every time the vehicle is powered off. This includes setting the dual temperature zones to single control at 78F and activating the heater as well as the A/C system. Vey useful, Ford says a fix is "coming soon" via over-the-air updates. Great.

Nov 12, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #84,243 of 151,038
Due to a software bug the Mustang A/C defaults to factory present every time the vehicle is powered off. This includes setting the dual temperature zones to single control at 78F and activating the heater as well as the A/C system. Vey useful, Ford says a fix is "coming soon" via over-the-air updates. Great.
"Over the air updates" means that the idiots can reach out and touch you anywhere, any time.

Nov 12, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #84,244 of 151,038
My 2005 truck has "dumb" His-and-Hers heating. Two separate sliders, I can make my side hotter or colder than her side. My much newer car has a computer that controls such things. We can each choose our own temperature, unless the heater is in defrost mode. In defrost mode the computer mandates that both sides must have identical temperatures.
I hate to say it…you’re dumb heading was connected to a computer. 🤷‍♂️

Nov 12, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #84,245 of 151,038
We are already living in an era where all bugs will never be squashed in our protean, endlessly-changing systems. Permanently partial compatibility/functionality is already the norm in most complex software; hopefully it will not become the norm everywhere.

To add to the W11 and Mach-E follies, the new Corvette had a bug that allowed you to open the frunk at speed. Fixed with an OTA update (that invalidated the operational instructions in the doorstop manual).

Personally, I'm happy if they concentrate on debugging the real gnarly-fail-mode stuff, like, you know, steering and such.

For my complaining, I'm fine with the new C8 IP screens and touch interface; it's relatively logical and very responsive. Or maybe I like it because there's also a row of arcane buttons with tiny icons and lettering running down the center console...

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 12, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #84,247 of 151,038
My 2005 truck has "dumb" His-and-Hers heating. Two separate sliders, I can make my side hotter or colder than her side. My much newer car has a computer that controls such things. We can each choose our own temperature, unless the heater is in defrost mode. In defrost mode the computer mandates that both sides must have identical temperatures. Someone gave the engineer a computer, he behaved like an idiot with it. Elsewhere an Italian waiter was reported to have whacked the hand of a patron. He needs to whack the head of this engineer.
It used to bug me when my wife and I went on long trips and she would reach over and start adjusting things. I am glad she has separate controls lol

Nov 12, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #84,248 of 151,038
I hate to say it…you’re dumb heading was connected to a computer. 🤷‍♂️
Possibly, but possibly not. It has no digital readout for "target temperature", no LED's. Just a slider that goes from blue (cold) to red (hot). I readily admit there may be a computer in there somewhere, but this truck is very old school. The heating system may not have been infiltrated.

Nov 12, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #84,249 of 151,038
Interesting thoughts.

We may be approaching a world where, if you want to get somewhere, you jump in your computer-controlled vehicle, and it autonomously conveys your human bits on the fully integrated transportation network.

And if you want to DRIVE, you head over to the mancave, strap into your vibration-enhanced cockpit/seat, fire up the simulator, and put on your VR helmet.
Not interested...

Nov 12, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #84,250 of 151,038
This must be for new 'stangs or one with dual climate zone controls as mine is an '11 and I do not have that happen to me. I do need to replace a blend motor in mine. I am a tremendous fan of the Ford Mustang.

Nov 12, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #84,251 of 151,038
"Over the air updates" means that the idiots can reach out and touch you anywhere, any time.
And they do. The vehicle is connected to the mothership 24/7

Nov 12, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #84,252 of 151,038
To add to the W11 and Mach-E follies, the new Corvette had a bug that allowed you to open the frunk at speed. Fixed with an OTA update (that invalidated the operational instructions in the doorstop manual).
The frunk on the MME has a virtual button to open it in the control screen menus and in the phone app, but it does not function because of "safety concerns." Meaning they can't figure out how to interface the function with, say, being in PARK. To open the frunk you have to pull hte handle under the dash two times, sometimes three to get it to wake up.

Frunk function for Mustang purists:

MME_w-V8.jpg

Nov 12, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #84,253 of 151,038
The frunk on the MME has a virtual button to open it in the control screen menus and in the phone app, but it does not function because of "safety concerns." Meaning they can't figure out how to interface the function with, say, being in PARK. To open the frunk you have to pull hte handle under the dash two times, sometimes three to get it to wake up.

Frunk function for Mustang purists:

MME_w-V8.jpg
I'm not really much of a performance motorcar enthusiast, but when I read "powered by a V-8 engine", that's not what I envisioned.

Does look nicely juiced up, though.

Nov 12, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #84,255 of 151,038
I'm not really much of a performance motorcar enthusiast, but when I read "powered by a V-8 engine", that's not what I envisioned.

Does look nicely juiced up, though.
Me neither, in my younger days yes, now I want a car I can get into that doesn't force me to do deep knee bends, or drop my chin to my chest to clear the door frame with my head; for the sake of my knees, my back, and my neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back