Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 22, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #79,786 of 150,702
They are made in Wales.......
Not all of them. Some early ones were made in China and some in Japan. But that wasn't my point, I was making a pun. Or bun. :)

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #79,787 of 150,702
"2-4 week wait" for Lokius when I placed the order on the 16th. Wasn't expecting it for a few more weeks, but... silver Lokius in da house.

if there is no "Lokius Impressions" thread, I will attempt to start one in 2-3 days (after burn-in and a quick listen in "process" mode with all controls at center).

(added)
initial impressions:
unit sandwiched between a Bifrost OG multibit (below) and Asgard 3 (above the Lokius), using SE (RCA) in & out. no audible hum at normal listening levels.
shipped with 16VAC / 1000mA Schiit-branded wall wart (slightly different than the replacements listed on the website which are 16VAC / 500mA or 15V / 1500mA units) the larger 15V / 1500mA should work just fine per the nameplate labeling.
knob pointers aligned pretty well when detented to 12:00 position, although some with OCD might notice a tiny bit of misalignment.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #79,788 of 150,702
It's a huge difference in usability if you need to plug it into a TV, and turn on the TV to listen to music.

But this is all water under the bridge because there won't be another Chromecast Audio. The product was cancelled due to low sales (no thanks to Google's lack of marketing and promotion) and meanwhile the industry has gone in the direction of smart and connected speakers.

Which is a shame because the Chromecast enabled the democratization of access to media systems for small players who could leverage a pretty straightforward set of APIs on mobile and/or web apps to broadcast their media to pretty much anything using the Chromecast onramp, and at low cost for the consumer.

Now if you're Spotify, Apple, Amazon, Tidal, etc., you don't give a damn about the demise of Chromecast tech -- other than being silently happy that a whole set of smaller competitors are impacted -- since smart/connected speaker manufacturers are more than happy to limit their products' capabilities to a small and exclusive set of solutions like Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect, etc. While many still support Chromecast, they will no longer have to when all the small players are forced out of business.

Qobuz should be able to hang on for a while through their Roon relationship, but IMHO Roon's continued viability is uncertain, particularly when Apple, Amazon, and Spotify are all providing CD quality or better with their streaming services, and when Amazon and Apple finish building out Roon-like experiences with an amalgamation of local and streaming music through integrated hardware, software, and cloud technology. Spotify may have to use partnerships to do the same, but they should have plenty of motivated and well-heeled suitors.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #79,789 of 150,702
I sent an email on Thursday and after 4 business days there is no answer from Schiit. Do they answer emails at all?

Actually, Schiit is usually quite good about answering Emails. I sent them an Email regarding the Lokius
a few days ago and they got back to me within two hours.

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #79,790 of 150,702
"2-4 week wait" for Lokius when I placed the order on the 16th. Wasn't expecting it for a few more weeks, but... silver Lokius in da house.

if there is no "Lokius Impressions" thread, I will attempt to start one in 2-3 days (after burn-in and a quick listen in "process" mode with all controls at center).
Thank you in advance as I tried using a "digital" equalizer in my home set ups and heard no discernable difference in any band! I have no doubt that tailoring what I listen to is something I enjoy as oddly enough the EQ in both my vehicles works fine regardless of the source. Thanks again!

Jul 23, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #79,791 of 150,702
Jul 23, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #79,793 of 150,702
Hey does anyone know what happened to the Schiit Mug? I got one a while back and I was thinking of getting another for a friend but it's gone from the Schwag list.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #79,795 of 150,702
Anyone tried schiit usb with linux?
Looks like my pc not will support win 11
I Will need a new OS

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #79,796 of 150,702
I Will need a new OS
From - https://www.schiit.com/guides/computer-connections

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 7.25.50 AM.png

Jul 23, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #79,797 of 150,702
My order status of Bifrost 2 on 7/11 is changed from Rolling backorder to None. Currently I can not see any order status.

I hope that this change is preparation for shipping... please~~
I have received shipping e-mail from Schiit!! I guess almost backorders of Bifrost 2 have been solved.

Jul 23, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #79,798 of 150,702
I Will need a new OS
I have used both Ubuntu and Pop!OS with my Schiit stuff with no problems. I like Lollypop player for a local player, but have Roon on my listening room computer and use an iPad as the front end.

Jul 23, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #79,800 of 150,702
Then it needs fewer vowels, and many, many more consonants.
Ddonn'tt yyou ssimmpplly hhavve tto ddoubblle allll cconnssonnannttss inn WWellsshh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back