Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 7, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #74,746 of 150,675
I believe the only Modi that would've worked was the original as it was UAC1, Jason can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong. PS4/PS5 only accept UAC1 devices.

Fulla 2 was a UAC1 device as well, hence why it works. Fulla 3 moved to UAC2 and wouldn't. Modi 3 def didn't work, nor does the Modius, etc.

I can attest to this, as when I reviewed the Fulla 3, Schiit had accidentally sent me a Fulla 2 first.

Whatever/whenever the update to the Fulla comes should hopefully have the auto UAC switching that the Hel 2 does so it can work on PS5. We'll see.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #74,748 of 150,675
Hey all, quick update: this week we shipped over 1750 products from Corpus Christi. This is with only two products in production here, and a somewhat slim week since PCB shipments were delayed. Once all products and product variations are in-house here, that number is going to get a lot bigger. Oh, and yes, shipments this week include distributor orders.

Here's Alex on Friday.

IMG_1459.jpegIMG_1462.jpeg

Here's the outside of the building, about a month ago when everything was dead from the Big Freeze. It's the first building we have a sign on!

IMG_1348.jpeg

And here's my workspace, looking thru to sound check, Alex's office, and shipping, also about a month ago. I'll take some more photos this week since we're 100% up and running.

IMG_1366.jpeg

Next up: Fulla, Hel, Vali, and Loki Mini...probably in that order.
Still waiting. Is all stock orders from mars sent?

status 26 mars :

LABEL CREATED​

Apr 7, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #74,749 of 150,675
I cancelled my order for a Jot2 and BF2 -- at least, I'm trying to. I've sent two emails without a response.

I agree that orders can become delayed for many different reasons. But I'm not *super* thrilled with the customer service I've received so far. When I agree to spend 1300+ dollars, I expect a little more attention to detail.

When I placed the order, the ship date was 7-10 days -- there was no disclaimer that this information was estimated only, and there was no direction to an FAQ. This is information the customer should not have to hunt for. And the website is borderline unreadable to me. There is so much "we're so cool let's tell Schiit jokes" hyperbole and really heavy-handed attempts to sound super-hip that it can be onerous to wade through to usable information.

The only email I received upon ordering looked like a slap-dash copy and paste screenshot of something that appeared on their computer screen. I suspect that it's a bit more automated behind the scenes, but it didn't *look* great and it contained a bare minimum of information. It didn't even say that I should expect an email at shipment. I still don't know if or how I'll receive shipment notification, but when they get around to canceling my order, it won't matter.

I understand that their reputation is generally solid and that their support after purchase is good, but my first impressions, recent posts about issues with the Jot2, and the shipment delays have all caused me enough concern that I don't feel like spending my money there.

Congratulations to all happy owners. I just hope they cancel my order!

Please email orders@schiit.com if you haven't already, and check your spam folder.

I believe the only Modi that would've worked was the original as it was UAC1, Jason can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong. PS4/PS5 only accept UAC1 devices.

Fulla 2 was a UAC1 device as well, hence why it works. Fulla 3 moved to UAC2 and wouldn't. Modi 3 def didn't work, nor does the Modius, etc.

I can attest to this, as when I reviewed the Fulla 3, Schiit had accidentally sent me a Fulla 2 first.

Whatever/whenever the update to the Fulla comes should hopefully have the auto UAC switching that the Hel 2 does so it can work on PS5. We'll see.

Yep, any UAC1 device will work for output--Modi, Modi 2, Fulla, Fulla 2 from the older series.

Still waiting. Is all stock orders from mars sent?

status 26 mars :

LABEL CREATED​

Please email orders@schiit.com, if you haven't done so already.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 7, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #74,750 of 150,675
In general, I'd agree with you. Schiit products are almost always worth the wait. Regardless of what one thinks of the backorder/delays situation, what is surprising to me on @Author's situation is that Schiit has not responded back to him with an email.

I did have to email Schiit once before last year to cancel an order on a backordered product. I emailed them and received a "as requested, your order has been cancelled" email the next day.
To be fair I did receive a quick response when I inquired about delay. It’s the two cancel requests that have been met with crickets so far. I suspect they are all a bit harried.

Apr 7, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #74,752 of 150,675
I think it is useful information, and for free! Also Schiit has measurements of all their products, good way to filter out crap design and/or build. Then next you can focus on finding your sound but to be honest the hassle of trying for example six DACs is a PITA. ASR helps me to filter, like Erin's Audio Corner too.
And often the look, functionality or the price is way more important than the SQ imho. Ymmv.

I like this video:

I agree with you @Derrick Swart - trying six DACs is a total PITA!
I tried more than that before buying my Yggy!
Personally, I just wouldn't include ASR as a filter; I have filtered them out :beyersmile:
Thanks for posting the video. I found it really interesting

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #74,753 of 150,675
Personally, I just wouldn't include ASR as a filter; I have filtered them out :beyersmile:
Did you recognise the guy with the first question?

Apr 7, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #74,755 of 150,675
were you TRULY going to use the analog input?
Yes, I know that makes me weird. How many spinning rust iPods are still working?
Yeah, the mic input is sweet. Analog mic volume control is a MUST, IMHO, so that makes the Hels more appealing to me than the rest.
Also helps if you want to clear the line on a teleconference, normally I am ~9 o'clock on the mic gain (and headphone in low gain), turn it up to 3 or 4 o'clock and speak shuts down the conversation quickly, especially across language barriers.

Apr 7, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #74,756 of 150,675
I bought my first outboard DAC in 2016, it was an Oppo HA-1. A few months later I bought Yggdrasil 1. Done. It just sound so right I was not gonna' burn hundreds of hours to find that last 3 percent of imagined superiority in another brand.
Then I bought a Yggdrasil 2 and upgraded the 1.
I'll wait until I read some feed back on the latest upgrade to USB (or is it HDMI). As I'm CD only not sure how much of a benefit it would be to me to upgrade again.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #74,757 of 150,675
I bought my first outboard DAC in 2016, it was an Oppo HA-1. A few months later I bought Yggdrasil 1. Done. It just sound so right I was not gonna' burn hundreds of hours to find that last 3 percent of imagined superiority in another brand.
Then I bought a Yggdrasil 2 and upgraded the 1.
I'll wait until I read some feed back on the latest upgrade to USB (or is it HDMI). As I'm CD only not sure how much of a benefit it would be to me to upgrade again.
You're making me feel old(er) again. My first outboard DAC was a Theta DS Pro (IIRC) purchased back in 1991. Up until then my relationship with digital was love and hate, but minus the love. :laughing: It just sounded nasty compared to a decent LP setup. The Theta changed all that. Still wasn't 'perfect sound forever' to my ears, but certainly made digital a lot more enjoyable to listen to. That was $2k at retail in 1991 dollars. I don't still have it, but it'd be very interesting to compare that to even a $99 Modi right now...

Apr 7, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #74,758 of 150,675
One of my favorite things about this thread are the posts by other music lovers that lead you to things you would never otherwise even know existed.
Indeed. Now this is a lot more traditional, but my wife just reminded me of Michel Camilo (which we heard live a couple of times live in SF in the before-covid times), which I'm really (re)enjoying now with my after-dinner drink. Actually, we heard him in multiple 1-way, 2-way, and 3-ways combinations with Chucho Valdés and Gonzalo Rubalcaba, a total Latin blast. Here's a brief sample

Apr 7, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #74,759 of 150,675
You're making me feel old(er) again. My first outboard DAC was a Theta DS Pro (IIRC) purchased back in 1991. Up until then my relationship with digital was love and hate, but minus the love. :laughing: It just sounded nasty compared to a decent LP setup. The Theta changed all that. Still wasn't 'perfect sound forever' to my ears, but certainly made digital a lot more enjoyable to listen to. That was $2k at retail in 1991 dollars. I don't still have it, but it'd be very interesting to compare that to even a $99 Modi right now...
At least yours was a good one, my first was a Sumo Theorem and Axiom transport. Stereophile had a positive review, but honestly I found the combination fatiguing to listen to https://www.stereophile.com/content/sumo-theorem-da-processor. I still have the pair, although the Axiom transport no longer works.....

Apr 8, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #74,760 of 150,675
@Author I'm sorry to hear that your experience with Schiit has been so negative.

FWIW, I own the BF2/Jot2 combo and I can assure you it is fantastic.

I'm sure @Jason Stoddard will be able help you with your order cancellation (although my personal recommendation would be to wait for it; it's really good!)

+1. B2/Jot2 is amazing combo and totally worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back