Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 17, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #73,531 of 150,706
What bothers me the most is the inaccurate reporting about "voting machines". In the case of Dominion, they basically make paper ballot scanners, along with automation to accept/reject faulty scans. In EVERY instance of a hand recount involving a Dominion SCANNER, the hand recount verified the scanned result.

In regard to fraud, the BEST way to address this is to ensure that as MANY PEOPLE as possible vote, this reduces the possibility of a fraudulent proxy. Think about this; in order for a fraudulent vote to succeed, the actual legitimate voter must not have voted.

Finally, I find it interesting that votes were challenged for the US presidential race, but positive LOCAL votes were not..........

Just my 2/100's of a Dollar

almost every programmer puts in back doors & other undocumented "features" into their code. and in a situation where the source code is unable to be independently recompiled and verified to generate code identical to the executable (firmware / software) the potential exists for a handful of people that made the machines to influence the outcome of an election cycle.

physical inspection of paper ballots vs the machine tally (not the scanned images) as was started in some states after the 2016 election cycle, is the only way to ensure an accurate count, albeit time-consuming and expensive.

elections are often won by a few percentage points, and an intelligent algorithm would be designed to be concealed, not obvious, self-modifying, etc...

its not a D vs R, blue-state vs red-state issue, but rather one of incumbency vs new-comers. both major political parties have super-delegates in their primary elections (to help ensure the vote comes out the way the power structure "party bosses" want it to).

consider how many post recently, on this Schiit AUDIO thread, related to elections, politics (and most here audio enthusiasts aka "audiopiles". Now imagine yourself as an incumbent politician-- what would you do the win the next election cycle / tilt it in your favor...

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #73,532 of 150,706
almost every programmer puts in back doors into their code.
I think the open source community would very much disagree. Even Microsoft opens up code (with suitable NDA's). Again here, the press mis-reporting vulnerabilities, like default admin passwords on IOT hardware etc.....

Here is a great example of truly responsible and effective code development:
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/202...on-its-way-to-freebsd-and-the-pfsense-router/

physical inspection of paper ballots vs the machine tally (not the scanned images) as was started in some states after the 2016 election cycle, is the only way to ensure an accurate count, albeit time-consuming and expensive.

That is EXACTLY what happened in ALL contested elections involving Dominion scanners. In the specific case of Georgia, 3 hand recounts....

just trying to keep it factual....

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #73,533 of 150,706
but the
I think the open source community would very much disagree. Even Microsoft opens up code (with suitable NDA's). Again here, the press mis-reporting vulnerabilities, like default admin passwords on IOT hardware etc.....
+1 about open source. but the voting machines are a closed non-verifiable system.

Mar 17, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #73,534 of 150,706
but the

+1 about open source. but the voting machines are a closed non-verifiable system.
Unlike "press" terminology of "voting machines" just talking about paper scanners here....

https://votingsystems.cdn.sos.ca.gov/vendors/dominion/ds52-sc.pdf
https://verifiedvoting.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/adjudication.pdf
https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/post-election-audits635926066.aspx

All of these are prior to last election cycle, warts and all..... But the assumption that election systems are not subject to code review is simply not accurate.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #73,535 of 150,706

Here is a great example of truly responsible and effective code development:
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/202...on-its-way-to-freebsd-and-the-pfsense-router/

That is EXACTLY what happened in ALL contested elections involving Dominion scanners. In the specific case of Georgia, 3 hand recounts....

just trying to keep it factual....
the recounts compared the images of adjudicated ballot scans against final totals, but not against the paper ballots. paper ballots are not the same as the adjudicated scans.

for accuracy all counties within the state of GA should be been verified against the paper ballots.

with billions at stake re international trade, business, tariff policies, etc... there's a lot more influencing US politicians besides their constituency.

full audits in all 50 states starting with physical paper ballots would answer a lot of questions concerning accuracy of the voting systems.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #73,537 of 150,706
Anybody have some new/old music selections? I'm not into politics...at least on an audio channel :wink:

Mar 17, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #73,539 of 150,706
Anybody have some new/old music selections? I'm not into politics...at least on an audio channel :wink:
(and now back to audio)

waiting for delivery of b-stock loki+ aka "tweak Schiit".

for an eclectic list:
Romeo is Bleeding, soundtrack (Mark Isham)
Mahler, symphony #5 (haven't actually listened to a real recording yet, just youtube video stream, CD just arrived this afternoon, still in the package)
Wynton Marsalis, Barqoue Music for Trumpet (tracks with Edita Grubernova)
Manhattan Transfer, Vocalese
AC/DC Back in Black

and one more... Genesis, Trick of the Tail. (this one NEEDS some EQ...waiting impatiently for my Loki Mini+ (hopefully) in a day or two to arrive) was it mastered with Dolby B built-in and transcribed for CD without re-equalization???

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #73,541 of 150,706
(and now back to audio)

waiting for delivery of b-stock loki+.

for an eclectic list:

Romeo is Bleeding, soundtrack (Mark Isham)
Mahler, symphony #5 (haven't actually listened to a real recording yet, just youtube video stream, CD just arrived this afternoon, still in the package)
Wynton Marsalis, Barqoue Music for Trumpet (tracks with Edita Grubernova)
Manhattan Transfer, Vocalese
AC/DC Back in Black

and one more... Genesis Trick of the Tail. (to my ears, this one needs some EQ... was it mastered using Bose "monitors" or something???)
+1 Mahler 5th - got turned on to Solti Mahler set 30 yrs ago (long story) - amazing stuff

Mar 17, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #73,543 of 150,706
Mississippi Goddamn by Nina Simone has been in heavy rotation on Tidal for me lately. This isn't the best version but it's got video so ...
Indeed, and Sinnerman is interesting in the different renditions...

Mar 17, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #73,544 of 150,706
Meanwhile I am looking into ferrites; heard that they may be what I need to counter the weird Eitr dropouts caused by my LSR 305s apparently

Are these used on the gear that is causing the interference, or is that more for protecting the sensitive gear?

Mar 17, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #73,545 of 150,706
The Sarasota Orchestra is trying a combination of 20% capacity followed by a week of live, paid streaming. I hope you'll support the musicians.

https://www.sarasotaorchestra.org/concerts?banner

Some members have been devoting ample time to their side gigs. I find it more interesting than tradition orchestra music. Check out ensemblenewSRQ:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back