Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 20, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #70,472 of 151,399
ROFL @Timster
Looks like I made a serious error when I bought my ancient ride-on mower.
It doesn't have a beer holder and this must explain why I keep crashing it into trees. :relaxed:
I passed on the optional 'beer holder' and decided that I would just have my kid run alongside the mower with a cooler in one hand and holding/handing me the bottle* with the other. Part of my 'get off your butt and turn off the Xbox' youth fitness initiative. :smirk:

*I prefer glass bottles over cans, btw. They're a bit heavier, but hey, I ain't the one carrying them. :D

And say what you like about Bose headphones, I use the QC20 noise cancellers plugged into my phone streaming toons while I cut the grass. Very relaxing way to spend a few hours in fact

Jan 20, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #70,473 of 151,399
Of course bottles are better! Glass is a much better insulator than aluminum so your beer stays colder. Although, if you drink it fast enough, it doesn't get warm or evaporate!
I may have said this before, but I'm too lazy to search right now. In the SE Asia tropics, beer often has ice added to keep it cold while you sip from the glass. I prefer the option of serve it cold and drink it faster, especially in that tropical heat. And I agree, glass is better. I don't drink directly from a can, pour it to a glass. But happily drink from a bottle.

Jan 20, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #70,475 of 151,399
I passed on the optional 'beer holder' and decided that I would just have my kid run alongside the mower with a cooler in one hand and holding/handing me the bottle* with the other. Part of my 'get off your butt and turn off the Xbox' youth fitness initiative. :smirk:

*I prefer glass bottles over cans, btw. They're a bit heavier, but hey, I ain't the one carrying them. :D

I need to have some kids and get a lawn.
Meanwhile maybe there are some beer holder vests for dachshunds. :thinking:

In finnish, dachshund is mäyräkoira. A twelve-pack of beer is also called mäyräkoira here. It makes perfect sense.

mayrakoirat.jpg

no, xc40 was not a pleasant drive
The V90 cross country was awesome!

I drive a C30. It's a nice car, but now that there's a bunch of snow it's not so great. Maybe I'll upgrade to a V60 or cross country model next.

Jan 20, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #70,476 of 151,399
Hello.

I just bought a Schiit stack: Modi 3+ / Magni 3+ / Vali 2+ :L3000:

I intend to do some A/B tests between Magni 3+ and Vali 2+ and, for that, I would like to know if I can use an RCA Splitter (Y) to connect my Modi 3+ simultaneously to my Magni 3+ and Vali 2+.

Something like that:
Sem título.png

If I connect my stack this way, can I have any loss in terms of sound quality by using an RCA Splitter (Y)?

Thanks

Jan 20, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #70,477 of 151,399
Jason has suggested splitters / y-adapters in lieu of a SYS switcher on several occasions. He has never mentioned any draw-backs in doing so.

Jan 20, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #70,478 of 151,399
is your system back together (lyr3, hp cable), and what amp / hp is your favorite?
My listening nook is all fired up again. I had to return another cable to a vendor (17 CDN-dollar cheap no-name audio extension cable [gotta learn to make my own with better quality single-ended connections]). It seems like I'm trying to populate every room with a bit of Schiit. :ksc75smile:
KitHow I explain it to non-headfi peopleHow I consider it
(Eldery PC) + ([EITR] + [Modi 1 Multibit]) + (Magni 3 [pre-plus]) >>> (HD518 [with spouse-knit head band])Foolishness #1My home office desktop. Still my favorite kit!
(Work laptop) + (monitor-hub) + (boom AudioTechnica USB mic) + (Fulla 2 [with ext pwr]]) >>> HD518Day Job #2My students can hear me do my shtick. With a pop guard, I don't sound creepy and gutteral.
Chromebook + Bifrost 1 Multibit + Loki-Mini + Lyr 3 + Magni Heretic + Valhalla 2 + Asgard 2 + Vali 2 >>> ...I Have Issues #3My listening nook. Never enough 'phones.

Jan 20, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #70,480 of 151,399
Hello.

I just bought a Schiit stack: Modi 3+ / Magni 3+ / Vali 2+ :L3000:

I intend to do some A/B tests between Magni 3+ and Vali 2+ and, for that, I would like to know if I can use an RCA Splitter (Y) to connect my Modi 3+ simultaneously to my Magni 3+ and Vali 2+.

Something like that:
Sem título.png

If I connect my stack this way, can I have any loss in terms of sound quality by using an RCA Splitter (Y)?

Thanks

It can work, but it may "split" the signal's volume and/or create crosstalk depending on the quality of the RCA splitters; I have seen this happening with cheap RCA splitters and switches. How much will this skew your results is something I cannot determine I am afraid

Jan 20, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #70,483 of 151,399
LOL! There is just no plausible explanation for this. Perhaps if they'd named it Coors "Sludge" it would at least be more accurately described. :smile:
If it really were sludge, there might be some hope of flavor. Not saying it would be good. Just "flavor".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back