Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 10, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #67,891 of 150,682
BTW - a general request (not directed at anyone with any malice) - can we agree to not use the term "audiophool" on this forum?

To the average person, anything better that stock earbuds packaged with your phone is "audiophoolery".
You just used it -- twice!! Shame on you.

(I will use the term 'Audiot' or 'Sonically Challenged' from now on.) :smirk:

That's it. I'm taking my ball and going home.

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #67,892 of 150,682
Yet it's STILL better than NC BBQ...
You guys never had my sardinhas assadas! Not my words but the portuguese tell me i do an excellent job (i think they just say it so they don’t need to grill themselves)

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #67,893 of 150,682
TX BBQ cat is better than NC BBQ cat.

Sloppy Joe is neither NC or TX BBQ, but more like an Ohio cook's weird attempt to serve chili on a hamburger bun. I pick on Ohio because, oh god, Cincinnati "chili".

The McRib is superior to NC BBQ.

Yes, the vinegar on NC BBQ is meant to mask the fact that the meat's natural flavors have been destroyed by NC cooking 'techniques' which may include smoking the meat in diesel/nascar exhaust, burying the meat in piles of wet leaves or just forgetting that it's been in the fridge for several months. YMMV.
^^^
YES, THIS, ALL OF THIS!!!!

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #67,897 of 150,682
Austin is to Texas as NC is to BBQ.

Too funny, too true.
I lived in Austin for a year in the early '90s when it was still a great city. I still spend 10-12 nights per year there and I can't believe how bad it's become. Their favorite bumper sticker is "Keep Austin Weird" while mine is "Keep The Weird In Austin".

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #67,900 of 150,682
Truly inflammatory statements there. Someone is sure to be offended and ask for your banning from this thread. As to anyone offended by my statement, I have enough stock of both malts for a thorough A/B comparison so we can declare a <hiccup> consensus winner. Until then, I will stand by my statement based on a statistical sample of one.

Well it was fun being a forum member while it lasted :beyersmile:
I notice you didn't highlight 'Budweiser makes beer' as one of my inflammatory statements.
Quite right too! It's such a preposterous statement that it doesn't warrant a response.

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #67,901 of 150,682
I hear ya @AudioGal . Based on my posts you might be under the impression that I believe that "if it's not Texan it's not worth consideration."
Nothing could be further from the truth. New Mexico chili, especially their chili verde, is sublime and worthy of you taking a 2-3 day trip for the experience. If you fly into Albuquerque you don't even need to leave the airport. Grad a bowl at Tia Juanita's and you'll forget that skyline chili even existed.

Finally the conversation turns to genuine cuisine! The only remaining question is: Red or Green?

tja5dL.jpg

Dec 10, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #67,905 of 150,682
Finally the conversation turns to genuine cuisine! The only remaining question is: Red or Green?

Both! I've been known to order a cup of red and a cup of green instead of a bowl of just one.
One of my favorite NM dishes is Carne Adovada which is crazy easy to make.

@Les Strat I'm slightly under-caffeinated so it took me a sec but I get your "Voodoo Chiles" question :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back