Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 1, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #67,426 of 149,254
I agree with you @Derrick Swart.
I am sure many of us on this forum have more than a passing interest in the gear itself.:dt880smile:
I certainly didn't buy any of my audio gear for its looks though.
For me, engineering excellence, without the stench of marketing BS, like 'statement product' is the reason I love Schiit.
The same applies to ATC; my SCM 100 ASL speakers are anything but pretty, but they're certainly well engineered at 65Kg each, and coupled with my Yggy A2, they sound fantastic!
well i like the industrial look of the higher ATC range! Best ratio of L x W is the 50 to me

Dec 1, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #67,428 of 149,254
Love of the music driving pursuit of gear is being an audiophile. Love of the gear first and the music secondarily is not.
First way one day, second way another day.
Music makes you look for gear to reproduce it in good way.
Good gear makes you look for other music to make that gear excel.

Dec 1, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #67,429 of 149,254
I have an off-topic question. I'm trying to place an order on Schitt's website. The billing and delivery address is Las Vegas.
Schiit have added sales tax at 8.375%. I thought sales tax was only applicable if the billing / delivery address was within California. Why is it being added when the address is in Nevada?

A friend of mine in Las Vegas is buying some stuff for me and shipping it altogether to me here in England.

Dec 1, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #67,430 of 149,254
I have an off-topic question. I'm trying to place an order on Schitt's website. The billing and delivery address is Las Vegas.
Schiit have added sales tax at 8.375%. I thought sales tax was only applicable if the billing / delivery address was within California. Why is it being added when the address is in Nevada?

A friend of mine in Las Vegas is buying some stuff for me and shipping it altogether to me here in England.
That law changed last year I believe. Sales tax for Internet sales is based on the point of destination in most states, and on origin in some.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #67,431 of 149,254

On the Schiit webpage, go to FAQ, then to Sales Tax. That explains it.

Dec 1, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #67,432 of 149,254

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/nevada-internet-sales-tax.html

Dec 1, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #67,433 of 149,254
First way one day, second way another day.
Music makes you look for gear to reproduce it in good way.
Good gear makes you look for other music to make that gear excel.
You don't count because you're a very accomplished and specialized manufacturer of hi-end gear yourself...:)

Dec 1, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #67,434 of 149,254

Online retailers are required to collect sales tax (over a certain amount of gross sales, pretty sure Schiit is above that limit). Taxcloud is one service available to Wordpress and Joomla based sites .......

Dec 1, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #67,436 of 149,254
Looks like I'm going to be an Yggy owner in a couple of weeks. :metal:

Side note: Paypal are a bunch of crooks, the currency conversion rate is a joke...

I use TransferWise with their multi-currency account and ONE card ... mid-market exchange rates ... but not sure how widely available that facility is.

Dec 1, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #67,437 of 149,254
well i like the industrial look of the higher ATC range! Best ratio of L x W is the 50 to me
Excellent taste @Derrick Swart :dt880smile:
I hankered after some 50s for over fifteen years, but I couldn't afford them!
A pair of second hand 100s came up about 12 years ago, so I bought them.
Despite their age, the cabinets looked like new, but it turned out they needed some work....
Five years ago, the brilliant people at ATC completely rebuilt them for me at their factory, with new amps and drivers.
ATC are a great company to deal with, as they genuinely care about their products and their customers- just like Schiit!

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #67,438 of 149,254
I was listening to Paganini's Violin Concerto No1 today.
Because I have an Yggdrasil I can hear a false piccolo in the first movement.
So it's good but sometimes it reveals more than you bargained for.
Listen and be amazed:
1606857627702.png

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #67,439 of 149,254
I was listening to Paganini's Violin Concerto No1 today.
Because I have an Yggdrasil I can hear a false piccolo in the first movement.
So it's good but sometimes it reveals more than you bargained for.
Listen and be amazed:
1606857627702.png
Your audible acuity is remarkable!

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #67,440 of 149,254

Users who are viewing this thread

Back