Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 21, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #65,944 of 151,429
Yeah. I'll wait and see what the SchiiTransport has to offer, but I'm thinking a CA CXC may be in my future. But then again, my Denon is doing quite well as a transport and my only gripe is that it's not silver to match the rest of my Schiit gear, so... :smirk:

Oct 22, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #65,945 of 151,429
Yeah. I'll wait and see what the SchiiTransport has to offer, but I'm thinking a CA CXC may be in my future. But then again, my Denon is doing quite well as a transport and my only gripe is that it's not silver to match the rest of my Schiit gear, so... :smirk:

silver duct tape, or sand-blast the anodizing off the front panel
...or buy a non-working silver one off fleabay and do a face-transplant.

you're lucky that your Denon is still running. My 2910 started getting wonky a while back, so now i'm using a cheap Sony SACD (but at least it includes coax s/pdif, unlike some blu-ray units that have just toslink)

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #65,946 of 151,429
I've lived in the US most of my life (from Portugal) and the generic "How are you?" still confuses me.

In our defense, why would one ask a question like that and not expect an actual answer?

Oct 22, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #65,948 of 151,429
Boy, the amount of drool I leaked when they showed the GAIN prototype during the live stream...

A shame the recording industry isn't interested in adopting that solution anymore. Records captured through it and played back on a True Multibit DAC are amazing.

That said, it was great to finally meet dr. Ivana (and learn her name is pronounced differently from how I was saying it) and hear answers to all of my questions :)

@Jason Stoddard When you asked my question about inter-sample peaks, you wondered if I had any more information or a test you could run. I don't have a test per se—my question was merely a matter of curiosity—but to answer your request for more information: Say your digital signal has two consecutive samples which are both at 0.0dbFS. When reconstructing the sound wave, it is possible (likely, even) that there will be a peak in-between those two samples—but the samples themselves are already at 0.0dbFS, which means the peak is above maximum level. Modern DACs tend to have additional headroom above 0.0dbFS to handle these peaks and prevent them from clipping. I assume the same holds true for Schiit True Multibit DACs, and my question was to confirm my assumption.

Oct 22, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #65,949 of 151,429
FB is the Delta Sigma of social media.
Hmmmm...can't recall, was that the Animal House fraternity?

1603360982859.png

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #65,950 of 151,429
Oct 22, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #65,951 of 151,429
I think $ 1.299 is great price for a real transport (not a CD player with spdif out).
The pass-through option is something I appreciate very much, to be able to use the Unison USB host for other sources like a Raspberry-Pi or PC.
Always very difficult to have technical people in an interview or presentation, they think a lot but can express very little in words. I feel it is better to let Jason do the talking.
Also understand there is a lot they don't want to reveal, but still ...............
Looking forward to new products.

Oct 22, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #65,952 of 151,429
I've lived in the US most of my life (from Portugal) and the generic "How are you?" still confuses me.
This is the thing that confuses me the most, where a fake/standard answer is expected or the conversation will not continue, as if this is the TCP handshaking.

Oct 22, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #65,953 of 151,429
Yeah. Im totally down for that price point for the transport.

Oct 22, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #65,954 of 151,429
is there any difference between CXC (original) and CXC V2 besides the different color faceplate and price increase (from $450 to $599) ?

Nope. It's purely a cosmetic change so it matches the rest of their lineup.

I picked up an original CXC a year ago. Love it!

JC

Oct 22, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #65,955 of 151,429
Sounds like I should have went for the Eitr back then instead of holding off for the Schiit Transport, 1299 USD is kinda pricey if all I want is just to convert my USB output to the level of Unison USB. Then again I'll be waiting for more news to decide

Meanwhile, will the Schiit Transport have different levels like how the amps/DACs are?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back