Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 1, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #61,486 of 151,564
Jul 1, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #61,487 of 151,564
I went to the Dordogne for 2 weeks a couple of years ago for a summer holiday and it was around 38°C every day.

I can attest to that ... I live there ! No air-con in our house ... One gets used to it.

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #61,489 of 151,564
Sonority makes sense but i understand you couldn’t wait

IME waiting times with Sonority are relatively long even when they have the item on stock—which is presently not the case for the majority of Schiit's catalog. They are cheaper (and tend to answer emails pretty fast) but I too can see how the saving may sometimes not be enough to justify the wait.

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:08 AM Post #61,490 of 151,564
Sonority makes sense but i understand you couldn’t wait
I know, I bought some stuff from them in the past. But Schiit has almost everything in stock, Sonority states on their homepage that 'you are not allowed to ask when there will be products in stock, because they don't know'..
Strange policy, after ordering it took only a week to get from from the shelves in the Schiit warehouse to my living room.
No regrets here. Just beautiful music..

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #61,491 of 151,564
IME waiting times with Sonority are relatively long even when they have the item on stock—which is presently not the case for the majority of Schiit's catalog.
Just checked their site. Only 2 items in stock: Ragnarok and Yggdrasil..

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #61,492 of 151,564
But Schiit has almost everything in stock, Sonority states on their homepage that 'you are not allowed to ask when there will be products in stock, because they don't know'..
Strange policy, after ordering it took only a week to get from from the shelves in the Schiit warehouse to my living room.

Likewise.

My Jot's being delivered as I type this; shipped last Thursday from Schiit in the U.S..

Jul 1, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #61,493 of 151,564
The Jot is in da house:

edTMt7Q.jpg

Boy this amp is powerful. Those 6 extra dbs of gain sure make themselves heard! It slams really hard :)

Jul 1, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #61,494 of 151,564
The Jot is in da house:

Boy this amp is powerful. Those 6 extra dbs of gain sure make themselves heard! It slams really hard :)
Congratulaions ! Give it a couple of hours to get warmed up and enjoy !

Jul 1, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #61,496 of 151,564
Sonority states on their homepage that 'you are not allowed to ask when there will be products in stock, because they don't know'..
Strange policy
Why is that strange in these Covid times?
Would you want to answer dozens of emails every day when you don't know the answer?
Maybe Schiit isn't able/allowed to ship to UK (same situation) and Netherlands and they don't know when rules will change.
So not so strange in my book.
They have done a great job as a Schiit representative before the pandemic hit and things changed.

Jul 1, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #61,497 of 151,564
Why is that strange in these Covid times?
Would you want to answer dozens of emails every day when you don't know the answer?
Maybe Schiit isn't able/allowed to ship to UK (same situation) and Netherlands and they don't know when rules will change.
So not so strange in my book.
They have done a great job as a Schiit representative before the pandemic hit and things changed.
I agree that we are living in crazy times, but Schiit is sending equipment to Europe, I got my Modius, ev666il just got his Jotunheim.. And updating a website is something you can have an employee do from home.. There is a notice that says their contact form is not working on the homepage that's been there for months.. Fix it already..

It's all about choices. Their choice to work this way is costing them money and customers. I sold my Asgard3 and Modi-multibit through a dutch version of ebay, marktplaats. One of the buyers claimed he bought second hand because new was not available through Sonority.

Just saying their current priorities aren't mine. And as I said before, I am a customer, bought my Vali2, Modi multi and Asgard3 from them. If by the end of the year BF2 is in stock I'll buy it there, no question..

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #61,498 of 151,564
Is not sitting in Pacoima punishment enough for your schiit? Have a heart, man!
I sympathize with my currently homeless schiit. That's why I want FedEx to get on the ball and get it here where it will be safe and warm and loved.

I wouldn't know about Pacoima. I left the Bay Area for college and haven't looked back.

Jul 1, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #61,500 of 151,564

Users who are viewing this thread

Back