Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 20, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #54,886 of 150,279
I thought this was a place for shiit heads to hang out, talk about off topic things till the next release, or also act as a wish list. Gadget? Loki Max anyone?
A place for a wish list huh...
  • Sys with a stereo/mono switch (I modified my Dad's Sys to have this switch)
  • Loki with stereo/mono switch and a balance control (Dad recently has some hearing issues in one ear and wants to adjust balance)
  • A Sys with 3 inputs (I think it'd be possible if the RCA inputs got chummy)
  • A Fulla 3 with a 3.5mm/toslink combo port input (So I can use with my Xbox optical output)
  • Discontinued products section on website with original product page and downloads

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #54,887 of 150,279
A place for a wish list huh...
  • Sys with a stereo/mono switch (I modified my Dad's Sys to have this switch)
  • Loki with stereo/mono switch and a balance control (Dad recently has some hearing issues in one ear and wants to adjust balance)
  • A Sys with 3 inputs (I think it'd be possible if the RCA inputs got chummy)
  • A Fulla 3 with a 3.5mm/toslink combo port input (So I can use with my Xbox optical output)
  • Discontinued products section on website with original product page and downloads

Someway to convert stereo to mono would be fantastic.

An old products page would be very nice. The internet archives is handy but it's a pain to use.

Dec 20, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #54,888 of 150,279
Discontinued products section on website with original product page and downloads

+100000 !!!!

It would be nice to refer back to the archived product page to review info like Jason's summary, FAQ, Reviews, Manuals, etc. How about it, @Jason Stoddard ?

Dec 20, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #54,891 of 150,279
Thanks. I'm familiar with its use, but others may not be. I used it last night to get more info on Ragnarok 1. Always nice to find that kind of stuff at the vendor web-page, however. I know it doesn't really benefit Schiit as much as it does buyers of their gear in the used market place. Still -- nice to have. :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #54,893 of 150,279
Someway to convert stereo to mono would be fantastic.

If you'd like, I can post a few pics and a write-up of what I did. The two cases it helps:
* Mono records, drops surface noise
* Hard panned early stereo. These are bad through speakers, terrible through headphones. (I don't have much of this, but my Dad has some.)

And wayback is an amazing site, but due to it's nature, can be very cumbersome to use.

Dec 20, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #54,894 of 150,279
If you'd like, I can post a few pics and a write-up of what I did. The two cases it helps:
* Mono records, drops surface noise
* Hard panned early stereo. These are bad through speakers, terrible through headphones. (I don't have much of this, but my Dad has some.)

And wayback is an amazing site, but due to it's nature, can be very cumbersome to use.

I'd like to see a write up on it for the SYS, if you could.

I like having the ability to listen to mono when the speakers are pushed back along the corner of my listening room. Like when we have company over or if I am working on a project. I know it's borderline blasphemous amongst audiophiles, but I often just want the stereo on for non critical listening.

My listening area is a multipurpose family room, so it gets used for everything from parties, to movie night, to arts and crafts, woodworking, DIY, play area, dance floor etc.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #54,895 of 150,279
I saw some mono talk, just wanted to drop in and say I'm a big fan. Most of my listening is at work through an intermittently stereo pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pros (which I am loathe to replace because they have served me well since I started college) or the plastic cheap ipod earbuds (that pain me so I only wear one at a time and switch ears every half hour), so I've had my phone set to mono out for years. There's a certainty and directness to mono I just don't get anywhere else. And, a mono mix really separates the men from the boys in terms of sound quality. The best-mixed albums are often done in mono first and then they go back through and do panning and stereo effects after the fact, so the hallmark of a good mix is it should still sound great in mono.

Dec 20, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #54,899 of 150,279
@oryan_dunn Hi I used archive to download ALL the dead's first/original songs first performed on stage some were good great or really bad depending on who did the 'boards' BUT I could never transfer them to say Qobuz/TIDAL/even my iTunes library/or to A+3.5 or ROON they just sit in FINDER --do you or anyone else have an easy way i can get them to where i can play them all at once? The songs were in exact order starting in 1965!!
That wayback machine sounds really cool i must have used it to get those dead downloads correct?
bobbmd

Dec 20, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #54,900 of 150,279
@bcowen @Paladin79 etc FYI just saw a thread on THE HEADPHONE community that this thread is the largest/longest thread with most off topic articles anywhere in the audiophile world( or something to that effect) I responded that most of you thought MY stupid/off topic interruptions were either funny or worthwhile so DON"T STOP-I love it plus all that really important Schiity info( I am not being sarcastic being serious) and Jason's comments
bobbmd
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year

I think it’s a great and fun place to hang out and discuss between Jason’s chapters and announcements.

Aside: Seems the standard off-topic here is cats, and over in Mike’s thread it’s coffee.
I love both :relaxed:

Happy holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy new year to All!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back