Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 2, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #33,422 of 150,898
Hmmm printer control boards, I am not sure I understand exactly what they are with the description given?

Jun 2, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #33,424 of 150,898
I wondered that considering the power supply section etc.

Surface mount components are not exactly a fun build lol.

Jun 2, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #33,429 of 150,898
No matter what they are, without a BOM they would be very difficult to populate with parts and If they are Schiit product, it would not be ethical to buy them and attempt a build.

My next build will most likely be Class A monoblocks for speakers, that build interests me and I am leaning towards a tube preamp like the Freya. My other choice is ten times that price.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #33,430 of 150,898
No matter what they are, without a BOM they would be very difficult to populate with parts and If they are Schiit product, it would not be ethical to buy them and attempt a build.

With no BOM they're not good for very much -- except maybe large, rectangular coasters.

:)

JC

Jun 2, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #33,432 of 150,898
I do believe it was Audio Philistine who suggested an excellent margarita mix (sans alcohol). Trying it now and I love it.

I am also using some double walled glasses that I got off of massdrop made by Zwilling. Ice lasts so long it is amazing and no water ring to worry about. They are made of glass as best I can tell so the insulating properties are quite good. Last night I set a drink aside as my wife and I watched a movie, I went back to it and the ice had barely changed over two hours.

Jun 2, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #33,433 of 150,898
Looking at them vs the picture on schitt.com, they sure do match the Joty boards. Either someone doesn't know what they're selling or they uploaded the wrong picture.

I would be interested to hear Jason's take on this, no matter what I cannot imagine anyone buying those and hoping to build anything with them.

It was nice of Jimmers to point them out regardless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back