Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 13, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #2,686 of 151,180

But, but, but... If you outlaw aesthetic differences consumers would be forced to buy based on technical merit. Do you have any idea how much time we'd save if we all wore government issued khakis and black sweaters? Man, that'd be great!

Yea, we need a cultural revolution...  not.

Sep 13, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #2,687 of 151,180
Not to continue this thread derailment too far, but I think this is something Oppo nailed with the PM-1. Getting it sooner with better packaging and materials cost more. Waiting a bit and getting the same drivers with cheaper materials costs less. I love that strategy. I may be in the minority.

Sep 13, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #2,688 of 151,180
Not to continue this thread derailment too far, but I think this is something Oppo nailed with the PM-1. Getting it sooner with better packaging and materials cost more. Waiting a bit and getting the same drivers with cheaper materials costs less. I love that strategy. I may be in the minority.

No, that's a valid strategy -- and you're not alone.  :)

Sep 13, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #2,689 of 151,180
Anyone with an IQ much above an average soccer score (sorry Euro folk, football score) will get disgusted by the lowest-common-denominator approach so common in our consumer economy. Most advertising talks to us as though we are fools, entirely at the mercy of our emotions, fears and lusts and using our minds only when all else fails. And how often do they rake in the cash by so doing?  Or the votes? Did the politicos learn it from the hucksters, or the other way 'round?

That's a big reason I am such a loyal Schiit customer - I believe they're on my side. That is, they're trying to make a good product (starting with the actual device and building the marketing around it rather than whipping up the campaign, setting the retail price and then in the fullness of time designing the hardware.) I feel I can buy their gear confident I haven't been hoodwinked or swindled. That's almost as rare as an honest politician.

Stoddard/Moffat in 2016! (Since Roark/Galt aren't available.)

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #2,692 of 151,180

Stoddard/Moffat in 2016! (Since Roark/Galt aren't available.)

Who are the Prez and Veep respectively?
biggrin.gif

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #2,696 of 151,180

But could they afford to take the pay cut?

sure!!! politicians have access to amazing 'opportunities' to make insane money :p nada wrong w/ a lil bit of corruption ya?

Sep 15, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #2,697 of 151,180
All I can say is.. Wow.. This is just the company for me.. Straightforward, to the point, with great sense of humour and a great bunch of Schiitheads [Shiit-ites?] on this forum that back up what I though about this Schiit.

I just read through this thread in the past week, and with every chapter my appreciation for Schiit grows. [man, this still sounds weird to say]

It's well written and descriptive, yet not boringly long or overly technical.. If this was a book I'd probably own a copy.

With my next paycheck, I'm gonna give this Schiit some more love and most likely will get a Magni/Modi combo.

Thanks for making awesome products and, pretty much, this thread. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Keep on keeping on, and keep making the good Schiit!.

[Thanks, Johnny, I added some C's to the Shiit :p]

Sep 15, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #2,698 of 151,180
All I can say is.. Wow.. This is just the company for me.. Straightforward, to the point, with great sense of humour and a great bunch of Shiitheads [Shiit-ites?] on this forum that back up what I though about this Shiit.

I just read through this thread in the past week, and with every chapter my appreciation for Shiit grows. [man, this still sounds weird to say]

It's well written and descriptive, yet not boringly long or overly technical.. If this was a book I'd probably own a copy.

With my next paycheck, I'm gonna give this Shiit some more love and most likely will get a Magni/Modi combo.

Thanks for making awesome products and, pretty much, this thread. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Keep on keeping on, and keep making the good Shiit!.

Well, first you'll want to get the name right.  It's SCHIIT.

you can sign me a satisfied customer.

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #2,699 of 151,180
  the very nature of product differentiation is that they primarily appeal to people's emotion & try to engage interest. Popular products are showy and flashy with less substance. a drab product of high performance would actually be quite ineffective. Performance don't really give you any solid or reliable or unbiased information about the product acceptability.

FIFY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back