Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 10, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #21,722 of 155,069
Winders, I love Salk Sound but really doubt they can build and ship custom speakers that fast - that is unless you have confirmed directly with Jim Salk.

Then I had better like the DI speakers!! :wink:

Jul 10, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #21,723 of 155,069
I'm waiting for your review of both the Double Impact and Vidar. I am interested in the Vidar and trying to find the funds to buy one. The Double Impact sounds like a really Schiit kind of speaker: great sound at a nice low price.

J.P.

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #21,725 of 155,069
As soon as I get a couple of weeks on the DI speakers, I will know if I need to order the Salk speakers for comparison. That gives me time to get them ordered and here so they can be compared.

I have been following Salk because of the Song 3 speakers. I am fairly certain that time to get a pair is months not weeks. They are custom made. Customized finishes with furniture grade quality. He even has an online tracking system that shows the status of your order as it progresses through the process.

Jul 10, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #21,726 of 155,069
I have been following Salk because of the Song 3 speakers. I am fairly certain that time to get a pair is months not weeks. They are custom made. Customized finishes with furniture grade quality. He even has an online tracking system that shows the status of your order as it progresses through the process.

Like I said: Then I had better like the DI speakers!! :wink:

Jul 10, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #21,727 of 155,069
About the only chance of getting a Salk quickly is if there happens to be a trade in. The thing with speakers is when you are not using them they need to be pleasing enough in appearance, whatever that happens to be. The finish of the Salk's is that of a craftsman proud of what they do that is for sure. There is just something about fine woodwork and fine sound. There's enough fine speakers out there to keep everyone in a confused state!

Here's to what this week brings and hopefully a glimpse of Mike's version two of a possible Schiit Turdtable!

Jul 10, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #21,728 of 155,069
About the only chance of getting a Salk quickly is if there happens to be a trade in. The thing with speakers is when you are not using them they need to be pleasing enough in appearance, whatever that happens to be. The finish of the Salk's is that of a craftsman proud of what they do that is for sure. There is just something about fine woodwork and fine sound. There's enough fine speakers out there to keep everyone in a confused state!

If how a speaker looked were critical to me, I would never buy the Double Impact speakers. They aren't ugly....but they certainly are not works of art. The only thing I really care about in a speaker is how it sounds. Well, it does have to physically fit into the room....

Jul 10, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #21,729 of 155,069
Here's to what this week brings and hopefully a glimpse of Mike's version two of a possible Schiit Turdtable![/QUOTE said:
I am hoping it's another Goodie Box such as the Eitr or MP....TurdTable?....exactly my thoughts...

Jul 10, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #21,730 of 155,069
If how a speaker looked were critical to me, I would never buy the Double Impact speakers. They aren't ugly....but they certainly are not works of art. The only thing I really care about in a speaker is how it sounds. Well, it does have to physically fit into the room....

Even though you have a Yggy, I'd be grateful to hear what you think of the Mimby with the Double Impacts. I'm hoping to make my first big 2-channel purchase in 2018, and if I go with something in the DI's price range, the budget will be blown and Mimby will have to be my primary DAC for awhile. I can't and won't be sad about that, but I'm sure the Vidar will push a lot of Schiit owners like me up that multibit ladder. :)

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #21,732 of 155,069
Even though you have a Yggy, I'd be grateful to hear what you think of the Mimby with the Double Impacts. I'm hoping to make my first big 2-channel purchase in 2018, and if I go with something in the DI's price range, the budget will be blown and Mimby will have to be my primary DAC for awhile. I can't and won't be sad about that, but I'm sure the Vidar will push a lot of Schiit owners like me up that multibit ladder. :)

Well, that wasn't something I had planned on testing unless my Yggdrasil failed or was sent in for an upgrade. But, sure, I can do that. I think it will sound just fine. Mimby is a fine DAC.

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #21,733 of 155,069
@winders

Do the D-Impacts come with grills? I'm with you...I could care less about the general appearance, but they wouldn't pass my wife-approved test.

I ordered mine will the grill holes but no grills. I tend to like the grill-less look....but, I want to have the option to use grills. I like to get my wife's buy in on audio stuff, but she doesn't have the final say. She has final say on other stuff. The good news is that we agree 99.9% of the time and neither one of us minds when the other goes rogue.

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #21,734 of 155,069
I plan to buy a Vidar, Saga and a second Mimby to power a set of KEF Reference Model Threes. Can't wait to hear reviews/impressions of the Vidar!

Also excited to see what the second pile o' Schiit to get flushed this week will be!

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #21,735 of 155,069
What size is your listening room?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back