Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 26, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #153,167 of 155,189
So what's LaPine like these days? At one time I was looking at a property there so I wouldn't have to actually live in Bend but be a short distance when I wanted to be in Bend. It seemed that a lot of sketchy characters had taken residence there, nothing like my old deer hunting trips used to be.
Oh, I'm sure LaPine still has plenty of those characters it's always been known (and feared) for, but I think it is growing a bit as well. Probably some very nice areas to still find property in and it's not a bad move if one can stomach more severe winters down there.

May 26, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #153,168 of 155,189
Sounds like you should be living in the mountains. You must be running around in circles in Texas.

:beerchug:
JC
He goes to the mountains every year during mating season. :laughing:

May 26, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #153,169 of 155,189
Yep. I will find her and I will make her mine. :wink:

1716747574424.png

May 26, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #153,171 of 155,189
Just wait, I still need to add finish and maybe a bit of color to bring out the stripes.🤪 I start with a completed image in my mind then work my way towards that. I did finish the project for @Bowmoreman as I waited between steps.

This is my version of cardboard speaker terminal spacers, made with quarter sawn sycamore. One of Indiana’s tallest deciduous trees.
IMG_7976.jpeg

You will hear mention of the sycamore tomorrow provided the Indy 500 is not rained out.

Back home again in Indiana
And it seems that I can see
The gleaming candlelight
Still burning bright
Through the sycamores for me
The new-mown hay sends all its fragrance
Through the fields I used to roam
When I dream about the moonlight on the Wabash
How I long for my Indiana home
Hey, you could route out about a half an inch or so on the tops and market those as ultra-max-speaker-cable lifters and sell 'em for $999.00/pair!

May 26, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #153,172 of 155,189
Hey, you could route out about a half an inch or so on the tops and market those as ultra-max-speaker-cable lifters and sell 'em for $999.00/pair!
Ok but the first pair goes to you. Send me a Kraken as a thank you.🤪🤪

The photo is misleading, the longest dimension there is two inches, all others are one and a half inch. There is not a lot of room between speaker connections.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #153,174 of 155,189
Just wait, I still need to add finish and maybe a bit of color to bring out the stripes.🤪 I start with a completed image in my mind then work my way towards that. I did finish the project for @Bowmoreman as I waited between steps.

This is my version of cardboard speaker terminal spacers, made with quarter sawn sycamore. One of Indiana’s tallest deciduous trees.
IMG_7976.jpeg

You will hear mention of the sycamore tomorrow provided the Indy 500 is not rained out.

Back home again in Indiana
And it seems that I can see
The gleaming candlelight
Still burning bright
Through the sycamores for me
The new-mown hay sends all its fragrance
Through the fields I used to roam
When I dream about the moonlight on the Wabash
How I long for my Indiana home
I’m going to have to race them against the cardboard… all y’all know that, right?

May 26, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #153,175 of 155,189
Nah. Ma cables just be layin' on the floor like most other music lovers.:wink:
Mine are on lifts because they were given to me and I had no other use for them.🤪🤪

May 26, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #153,176 of 155,189
Nah. Ma cables just be layin' on the floor like most other music lovers.:wink:
Not mine, not anymore… mine pass through an oak floor at optimal perpendicularity… and thence hang in air before gracefully looping in a Fibonacci-sequenced semi-parabolic arc whereupon the lock into the back of the amp (also in optimal perpendicularity to the surrounding wood surfaces…

Cable risers, schmable risers

May 26, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #153,177 of 155,189
Not mine, not anymore… mine pass through an oak floor at optimal perpendicularity… and thence hang in air before gracefully looping in a Fibonacci-sequenced semi-parabolic arc whereupon the lock into the back of the amp (also in optimal perpendicularity to the surrounding wood surfaces…

Cable risers, schmable risers
Shhh I was hoping to trade these for bourbon.🤪 And seriously, I can think of no other use for cable risers, they are a bit of a white elephant.

May 26, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #153,178 of 155,189
I found these adjustable cable risers to be quite effective and affordable (in comparison to Audiophile cable lifters). I have 4 per side and found that the adjustaility has really allowed me to dial-in the sound for optimal reproduction. Highly recommended.

1716752883893.png

** They also come in handy when rotating the tires on your vehicle.

Disclaimer: NOT REALLY recommended as speaker wire lifters, but hey - you do you. Definitely recommended for tire rotations, however. :wink:

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #153,179 of 155,189
Ok but the first pair goes to you. Send me a Kraken as a thank you.🤪🤪

The photo is misleading, the longest dimension there is two inches, all others are one and a half inch. There is not a lot of room between speaker connections.
No Kraken. Five Tyrs instead. Then you'll be Krankin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back