Schiit Fulla
Oct 23, 2015 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

luckyeights

100+ Head-Fier
Ok so these forums wont let me post any where but here.  Any way i got a schiit fulla in the mail today and i am extremely disappointed.  Tried 3 cables and three different devices random crackling on all three devices and cables.  This crackling is not affected by the volume knob.  This tells me its after the amp that this problem occurs.   Tested with Senn Ie80s and Audio technica m50x. Also the fulla has white noise (no audio playing or silent area in music) pretty badly on the IE80s, the m50xs i guess are not sensitive enough to pick it up at least at normal volume levels.  Devices i tested on Surface pro 3, dell e5440 and my own home brew desktop with very high end components also tested each with 3 different usb cables (cables had no affect nor did using on diffrent devices).  

The white noise with the IE80s takes away from the listening experience the crackling since its not affected by volume gets lost for the most part by the music until it gets quiet then you can hear it again.  

My surface pro 3 is dead silent and so is my on board audio on my desktop when there is no audio being played (this is with the audio active not in the stand by off state)  My dell laptop has white noise like the schiit fulla.  

Another huge problem is the volume is very unbalanced at low volumes its easy to tell that my left headphone speaker is louder than the right it seems to get closer to even at higher volumes but is unacceptable for any dac or amp!  

I have a hard time believing that this is a bad unit but I cant say for sure.  What are your thoughts?  should i just return and move on or do you think i should give schiit another go?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back