Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Mar 17, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #1,306 of 1,697
To add an update - I now get a fuzzing sound in the right channel when i adjust the volume using the fulla... I swear i can also hear a channel imbalance too as when I'm gaming it feels like everything is shifted to my right, and my left ear feels slightly deader. The fuzzy sound stops after a while too. Should i ask if i could get it swapped out?

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #1,309 of 1,697
To add an update - I now get a fuzzing sound in the right channel when i adjust the volume using the fulla... I swear i can also hear a channel imbalance too as when I'm gaming it feels like everything is shifted to my right, and my left ear feels slightly deader. The fuzzy sound stops after a while too. Should i ask if i could get it swapped out?

It’s always good to get in touch with Schiit to let them know what’s going on - they’ll be able to help you...

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #1,311 of 1,697
Have you tried an audio player that can change the audio buffer size? Almost every time I've heard of someone having popping over usb to a DAC it has been an audio buffer size issue.

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #1,312 of 1,697

It came in today, tried it out tonight and I am returning it.
It does nothing at all.

Didn't reduce the frequency of the pops / cracks and there were no other audible differences.
Just another snake oil product.

Additionally I tried with the Fulla 2 external power too, and that didn't change anything either.
Have you tried an audio player that can change the audio buffer size? Almost every time I've heard of someone having popping over usb to a DAC it has been an audio buffer size issue.

I listen to Spotify and it is only a problem on my laptops. My desktop don't seem to have an issue with it but the problem is that I don't need it for my desktop.

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #1,313 of 1,697
It came in today, tried it out tonight and I am returning it.
It does nothing at all.

Didn't reduce the frequency of the pops / cracks and there were no other audible differences.
Just another snake oil product.

Additionally I tried with the Fulla 2 external power too, and that didn't change anything either.
I listen to Spotify and it is only a problem on my laptops. My desktop don't seem to have an issue with it but the problem is that I don't need it for my desktop.

You have been dealing with these issues with the Fulla 2 for a while now. Maybe just send it back for a refund if you can? I hope you are still in the 15 day return period.

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #1,314 of 1,697
You have been dealing with these issues with the Fulla 2 for a while now. Maybe just send it back for a refund if you can? I hope you are still in the 15 day return period.

I know but I doubt they are going to take it back now. I already had it replaced once and the second one has exactly the same problems.
Ideally I would want to send it back in order to get a multi bit but there's no real reason for this and honestly my budget does not allow it until my house is closed on.

I think that I will probably just put the whole thing for sale on eBay after I move into my house.

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #1,315 of 1,697
I know but I doubt they are going to take it back now. I already had it replaced once and the second one has exactly the same problems.
Ideally I would want to send it back in order to get a multi bit but there's no real reason for this and honestly my budget does not allow it until my house is closed on.

I think that I will probably just put the whole thing for sale on eBay after I move into my house.

How long have you had the replacement? If you had the replacement for less than 15 days, Schiit will probably give you a refund. They will waive the restocking fee if you tell them you want to upgrade to the Mimby. It's all up to you, of course. I'd at least email Schiit and see what they can do for you.

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #1,316 of 1,697
How long have you had the replacement? If you had the replacement for less than 15 days, Schiit will probably give you a refund. They will waive the restocking fee if you tell them you want to upgrade to the Mimby. It's all up to you, of course. I'd at least email Schiit and see what they can do for you.

I think they did it on March 2nd.

Right now I have fixed my Fulla2 by not using it as a DAC at all. I finally got the Topping D30 in the mail and I'm using that and its connected to the Fulla2 input.

I would upgrade it but then I would have 3 DAC's and no Amp lol (A30 in the mail too).

For right now I have no more funds to invest in the Multibit DAC until I have my house and a place to setup a real stack at my new set of desks.

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #1,317 of 1,697

I'm using the Fulla 2 with my iMac, connected with a micro USB cable for data transfer and the other micro USB port on Fulla 2 connected to a USB outlet. I've isolated the +5.0 V pin inside the USB data cable connector, putting a small piece of adhesive tape over it. This way, the noise that was coming through the USB cable connected to the computer was greatly reduced. 
However, sometimes I heard some crackling while listening to music. It was the USB cable connected to the USB power supply port on Fulla 2. So, I replaced that cable for a better one and now I'm not having any noise issues. Hope this can help you.

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #1,318 of 1,697
I've had my Fulla 2 for a week now & I'm enjoying it as my take-to-work DAC/amp. Works just as it's supposed to while plugged into my Linux workstation, either as the default output device, or getting a bit-perfect stream from DeaDBeef.

Mar 21, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #1,319 of 1,697

I'm using the Fulla 2 with my iMac, connected with a micro USB cable for data transfer and the other micro USB port on Fulla 2 connected to a USB outlet. I've isolated the +5.0 V pin inside the USB data cable connector, putting a small piece of adhesive tape over it. This way, the noise that was coming through the USB cable connected to the computer was greatly reduced. 
However, sometimes I heard some crackling while listening to music. It was the USB cable connected to the USB power supply port on Fulla 2. So, I replaced that cable for a better one and now I'm not having any noise issues. Hope this can help you.

I've tried 11 different cables to no avail :frowning2:

Tried 3 different chargers too.

I haven't tried isolating the power on the main line.

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #1,320 of 1,697

hm...i got some hard trouble with the Fulla 2.
I run it on my MacBook Pro but suddenly there does not come any sound of this Shiit Box!?!
I dont know what happened.
After putting many times the cable on and off and restarting the Computer it works now. But suddenly the songs from "Fidelia" starts to sound crackeling and interrupting...
I tried it on my iPhone - it works.

After all i put the Fulla 2 on my laptop and then i interrupted the cable not from Computer but from Fulla 2 and than it works fine.

Does anyone has the same problems?

I am really confused...help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back