Schiit For The Ultimate Syn-ner?
Oct 20, 2023 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

HIRESfan

New Head-Fier
I have always been a fan of object based audio, surround music and upmixing stereo to such formats with tens of thousand invested in that category of gear. I rarely like a stereo presentation for music and it rarely does anything for me.

I bought the Schiit Syn recently to put together a small surround rig for my office. Out of curiosity, i swapped my big boy pre-pro in the big rig with the Syn and have been thoroughly amused by this gizmo for surround music. It has all the right ideas for guys who want to simplify their lives a bit, i.e., not deal with the mega complications of the upper end Yamaha, Marantz, Trinnov, Storm, etc object based audio processors.

Would Schiit consider releasing a more souped up/bad boy version of the Syn in the future, i wonder?

That is, a Yggdrasil quality dac and true balanced outputs for front/center/surrounds all in one box, that's fully optimized for sound quality. At least 2 separate subwoofer outputs would be another plus. I think it has the potential to attract the surround/object based audio guys with who run with Trinnov, Storm, Marantz, Yamaha prepros, etc. Hopefully, such a device will have trigger outputs to turn on/off Schiit Tyr monoblocks. On the same note, i also wonder why these Tyr monoblocks can't have a trigger input to turn the damn thing on/off....Cmon Schiit, it is 2023...

A souped-up processor + Tyr monoblocks could be a wetdream for guys like me who like to upmix stereo into surround music.

I understand this is a headphone forum. But, Jason Stoddard/Mike Moffat only show up on this forum? It would be nice to know from Schiit if something like the above mentioned could be in the works?

Cmon Jason/Mike, i'll pay anything!! :smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back