Schiit fire and save matches…er, money! Here's Vali, $119 tube hybrid amp!
Nov 25, 2013 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14
Hey all,

Time for a left turn into tubeland. Yes, that’s right. Think of Magni—but with tubes. Except this really isn’t a Magni with tubes. It’s a completely different design, built around the specific requirements of the tiny NOS JAN Raytheon pencil tubes we’re using. The only thing that’s the same is the case.

Now, you’re probably thinking, “You’re kidding…a tube amp for $119? You have to be cutting corners now.”

Nope. Despite its small size and price, Vali is a serious tube amp. The tubes aren’t just buffers—they provide all the voltage gain. They’re also run on seriously appropriate 60V rails—ideal for the tube’s maximum rating of 67.5V. Beyond the tube is a fully discrete bipolar phase flipper, buffer, and output stage. Yeah, I know, super technical…but the proof is in the listening. Here’s what some early listeners have said about Vali:

Head-Fi Vali Thread

“So why did you go an do a tiny tube amp when you have Magni?” you ask. 

Because life is about choices. That’s why we do both tube and solid state gear. Some people like solid state, and some like tubes. And a whole lot of people are curious about tubes, but they don’t want to shell out $350 for a Valhalla. So, Vali. A lot of tube amp, for a very tiny price. 

Read more here:

Vali Product Page, including FAQ and Manual

All the best,

Jason Stoddard
Co-Founder, Schiit Audio

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #2 of 14
YEA FIRST POST. 

that was a nice post to read! And Jason my friend... I am dead set on trying this! And it will be my first Schiit Amp <3

That said, I'm very hopefull your lovely hybrid will destroy the last like 4 Chinnese hybrids I've owned q.q and as always

I do love supporting local buisness! 

Nov 25, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 14
Ordered one this morning. Excited to see how it sounds with the Hifiman He-x00 headphones, particularly the HE-400, which sometimes seems like it could use some warmth.

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #7 of 14
I've been waiting for this ever since I got the Magni+Modi pair. But there is only one question, man, where are the tubes????!!!!! I'm sure I will confuse myself by putting it together with the Magni... I know I am probably asking for too much but, I really wish you can cut two holes and let the tubes come out of that box...

Nov 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #10 of 14
  Would this be underpowered for the 650's? Better to get the magni?

Heya,

300ohms - 260mW (Magni)
300ohms - 220mW (Vali)

For reference, the Little Dot MK III tube amp does 350mW at 300ohms.

It would not be underpowered. It's nearly the same as the Magni. But with tubes.

Very best,

Nov 27, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #11 of 14
Ah, great. Thanks MalveauX. I picked this and the Modi up. Shipped earlier today. Gonna order the HE-400 within the next couple days, but I might check out the HD650 too. I know you're not a fan of the 650 though :)

Nov 27, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #12 of 14
  Ah, great. Thanks MalveauX. I picked this and the Modi up. Shipped earlier today. Gonna order the HE-400 within the next couple days, but I might check out the HD650 too. I know you're not a fan of the 650 though :)

Heya,

The Vali will handle the HE400 nicely. It will frankly handle almost all headphones just fine except for a few very insensitive ones.

Whether I like the HD650 or not, well, doesn't really matter :)

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back