Schiit Customer Service
Apr 30, 2018 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dman2112

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I have a problem with my brand new Lyr 3 and Schiit's customer service email is not responsive. I got a response to my initial email from some guy names Tom who only asked me if I purchased a HumEx. Kinda lame.

My issue is that even with nothing plugged into the amp on the input side (and yes I've also tried shorting plugs that I use for hum troubleshooting.) I get a "buzzzzz" when I touch the upper chassis or the volume know or switches. It dont here it in low gain (but it may still be there albeit at a low level) and it also does the same thing even if I use a LISST.

When I received the unit the box was damaged and damp, however the unit inside did not have any external damage that I could tell. Trying to find out if this is a problem or just a characteristic of their mid-fi Schiit.

Anybody experience similar?

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #2 of 11
None of my business , and i'm not trying to be a dick but... did you call them?
Emails are sometimes not as effective as a good old phone call.

Apr 30, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #5 of 11
You sure you are emailing the correct address? Do you get the automated response immediatly after you send the email? It is unusual for me to get a reply that is longer than an hour and that is on a weekend late at night when i have sent emails.

Apr 30, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 11
None of my business , and i'm not trying to be a dick but... did you call them?
Emails are sometimes not as effective as a good old phone call.
You sure you are emailing the correct address? Do you get the automated response immediatly after you send the email? It is unusual for me to get a reply that is longer than an hour and that is on a weekend late at night when i have sent emails.
Yes

Apr 30, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #7 of 11
If you are getting the automated responses then i dont know what is going on as like i said i have never waited long for a response from them. I usually talk with Tom.

May 2, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #8 of 11
Hi all,

I have a problem with my brand new Lyr 3 and Schiit's customer service email is not responsive. I got a response to my initial email from some guy names Tom who only asked me if I purchased a HumEx. Kinda lame.

My issue is that even with nothing plugged into the amp on the input side (and yes I've also tried shorting plugs that I use for hum troubleshooting.) I get a "buzzzzz" when I touch the upper chassis or the volume know or switches. It dont here it in low gain (but it may still be there albeit at a low level) and it also does the same thing even if I use a LISST.

When I received the unit the box was damaged and damp, however the unit inside did not have any external damage that I could tell. Trying to find out if this is a problem or just a characteristic of their mid-fi Schiit.

Anybody experience similar?

He did kinda already tell you what to do...get a Ebtech HumX. It's what solved my buzzing issue.

May 2, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #10 of 11
He did kinda already tell you what to do...get a Ebtech HumX. It's what solved my buzzing issue.
Hum X is only a band aid if you have a ground loop you can't find. This noise was present with nothing connected to the amp. Can't have a ground loop unless something in the chassis ground is wrong. Also, the buzz / hum was only there when the unit was touched. So every time you changed volume you would hear it.

May 5, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #11 of 11
I had a technical question and emailed Schiit two weeks and never got a reply. I solved the issue, but am still curious if I ever get a reply. BTW, this is not the first time. A few years ago another emailed question went into the void.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back