Schiit bifrost issue
Sep 27, 2015 at 6:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

xskugga

100+ Head-Fier
I am having issues with my new Bifrost unit. For whatever reason, I cannot get it to switch to USB, it is stuck on coax. I also cannot get it to be recognized unless I push the UBS-A end up to the top of the input, but it is recognized fine on another laptop. Does anyone know how to fix this, or will I have to RMA it? I've already asked Schiit but no response yet.

Solved: I'm an idiot, I ordered the 230V option and needed the 115V.

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #3 of 8
That's what I was thinking but couldn't confirm. I have contacted them and we're resolving it now. Hopefully I don't have to RMA. Will update for reference to other customers since there is no information on this issue to be found on the internet.

Oct 2, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 8
If he got the 230 volt instead of the 115 volt version it means it's running on half the rail voltage.

Probably working on spurious gate logic.  This means it is unpredictable in it's operation as well as no realy operation.

Oct 2, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #5 of 8
  If he got the 230 volt instead of the 115 volt version it means it's running on half the rail voltage.

Probably working on spurious gate logic.  This means it is unpredictable in it's operation as well as no realy operation.

That was the issue. A step-down converter fixed that.

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 8
Does that mean all 230v shipped out will potentially have the same issue?

Read the postings carefully. He was trying to run a unit with a 230V transformer on 115V. Do that, and all bets of your unit working properly are off.

Run your 230V unit on 230V and all should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back