Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Aug 26, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #3,317 of 4,957
So, for the moment I stick with BF2 OG :)

I really dont trust on all R2R expensive dacs that needs hours to warm before get optimal and be 24/7 on, some of them with sound delays problem on gaming, like Denafrips or Holo Audio so expensive I dont think the sound improvements justify the price. For this I like Schiit, their DACs just work and they do streaming while drinking wine. Lets see what they bring us in a future.

Maybe I should save for a SS instead as I am playing with the tube Amp and probably I am wasting the tubes lifetime.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #3,318 of 4,957
If you've ordered the 2/64 upgrade card in the last few days, have you received a shipment notification?
Schiit.com shows 10-12 week shipping timeframe.

New 2/64 models are in stock for shipping. I can't decide if I should wait for a card upgrade, or just buy a new one and sell my OG BF2.

Aug 26, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #3,319 of 4,957
If you've ordered the 2/64 upgrade card in the last few days, have you received a shipment notification?

New 2/64 models are in stock for shipping. I can't decide if I should wait for a card upgrade, or just buy a new one and sell my OG BF2.
Iirc they both ship in days, they just forgot to update the upgrade page.

Aug 26, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #3,320 of 4,957

I placed an order for the upgrade card on 8/22 and have not received a shipment notification. On 8/23 I got an email restating the 10-12 weeks ship time. That's cool. I love the sound of the original Bifrost 2 and am in no hurry given that Schiit doesn't keep your money until they ship a product. Knowing that there will be a box of Schiit arriving some time is a happy surprise. @Jason Stoddard could make a program: Make a Schiit list and get Schiit delivered when they have inventory...

Aug 26, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #3,321 of 4,957
So, for the moment I stick with BF2 OG :)

I really dont trust on all R2R expensive dacs that needs hours to warm before get optimal and be 24/7 on, some of them with sound delays problem on gaming, like Denafrips or Holo Audio so expensive I dont think the sound improvements justify the price. For this I like Schiit, their DACs just work and they do streaming while drinking wine. Lets see what they bring us in a future.

Maybe I should save for a SS instead as I am playing with the tube Amp and probably I am wasting the tubes lifetime.
I know I mentioned this before… if you’re looking to experiment for a little bit different sound…on a similar path… look out for a Chord 2quet.
They both have the same uncanny ability to make less than ideal digital music song more than listenable.
Pretty cool stuf IMHO.
I know this is a Schiit thread..not trying to throw Schiit on Schiit.
I think the loyalty to Schiit products is awesome
I feel the same thing with just 2 products.
And I thoroughly enjoyed the book “Schiit Happened”.
Highly recommended reading.
Even if you’re not a small business man like myself.

You can kinda see it on the surface in this thread people are torn between the new board and the OG BF2.
Nothing wrong with that, and it’s a pretty awesome thing for many perspectives including Schiit’s.
But sometimes loyalty can be misguided…ha!! ( just ask my ex wife!!!!)
Kidding….
At least when it comes to a change/upgrade in a model/product line.
An evolution of a product doesnt mean each step is what you need.
A spouse… well you can figure that out!! :wink:
It’s all good stuff!!

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #3,322 of 4,957
That comment about vocals, it's pretty much confirming why I really love the marriage between BF2 and tubes! I also experience the same thing with the poster.
Curious what tube set up are you referring to in your case?
Myself Van Alstine Transcendence 10RB
H/K amps-PA2400& Sig 1.5.
Heck Franks place us down road 10 miles…
Kind of like Schiit is becoming- a legend in audio (IMHO).
Another preamp I would certainly recommend if you can find one
For those that don’t really like the thought of tubes a Proton AP1000.
In many ways it reminds me of the 10RB
It’s not tubey sounding- it just sounds damn good!:wink:

Aug 26, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #3,323 of 4,957
Curious what tube set up are you referring to in your case?
Myself Van Alstine Transcendence 10RB
H/K amps-PA2400& Sig 1.5.
Heck Franks place us down road 10 miles…
Kind of like Schiit is becoming- a legend in audio (IMHO).
Another preamp I would certainly recommend if you can find one
For those that don’t really like the thought of tubes a Proton AP1000.
In many ways it reminds me of the 10RB
It’s not tubey sounding- it just sounds damn good!:wink:

I’m primary a headphone guy so I like the tube headphone amps that leans slightly to more technical sound with a small tube euphony in the tone (that doesn't overpower the DAC's signature) as well as compatibility with efficient planars and high impedance headphones. My goal is to find a reasonably priced amp without breaking the bank (on tube selection as well). After demoing some tube amps, I settled with the ampsandsound Forge 32/300 ohm configuration (solid-state rectifier and KT88/6SL7) and it IMHO it brings the best out of my AKG K712 headphones and DCA Aeon X Open without sounding overly tubey and rolled-off in the treble. If you go to CanJam SoCal, you can demo their Red October amp to get an idea of their product's sound signature :)

Aug 26, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #3,324 of 4,957
I’m primary a headphone guy so I like the tube headphone amps that leans slightly to more technical sound with a small tube euphony in the tone (that doesn't overpower the DAC's signature) as well as compatibility with efficient planars and high impedance headphones. My goal is to find a reasonably priced amp without breaking the bank (on tube selection as well). After demoing some tube amps, I settled with the ampsandsound Forge 32/300 ohm configuration (solid-state rectifier and KT88/6SL7) and it IMHO it brings the best out of my AKG K712 headphones and DCA Aeon X Open without sounding overly tubey and rolled-off in the treble. If you go to CanJam SoCal, you can demo their Red October amp to get an idea of their product's sound signature :)
Interesting!:)
Myself primarily speakers-the headphones days where in the 70's when I was a kid-Koss ProAAA to keep my parents/sisters happy late night.
Man I used to love DXing my hopped up tube tuner and homemade antennas @ late nights. The Koss came in handy-as the Wharfedale was a bit too loud!!
That was my music education-still dig most generes. Although props to local legend dj Freddie Bell...
I like this site as people are pleasant , knowledgeable, and like to learn it seems. SBAF is pretty cool as well, and A/K-but has some characters for sure. It's all good!

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #3,325 of 4,957
10-12 weeks ETA when I ordered the BF2/64 upgrade card on 8/13? I think not!! I just received a shipping confirmation. Talk about under-promising and over-delivering!! :D

Aug 26, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #3,328 of 4,957
I know I mentioned this before… if you’re looking to experiment for a little bit different sound…on a similar path… look out for a Chord 2quet.
You mean like the Qutest, right? I've been curious about those for a while, and I think it would probably be a good complement to the BF2.
But Chord's pricing is putting me off a little bit, and since getting my BF2 I've spent those $$ building out my headphone and IEM collection instead. Maybe on that magical day when I say 'enough' to new headphones/IEMs I'll look for a second-hand qutest :L3000:

Aug 26, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #3,330 of 4,957
You mean like the Qutest, right? I've been curious about those for a while, and I think it would probably be a good complement to the BF2.
But Chord's pricing is putting me off a little bit, and since getting my BF2 I've spent those $$ building out my headphone and IEM collection instead. Maybe on that magical day when I say 'enough' to new headphones/IEMs I'll look for a second-hand qutest :L3000:
Yep-I agree the OG BF2 offers above and beyond excellent value for the sound produced.
At least with this 2Qute of mine-it was well worth the $300.
https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/2qute

Users who are viewing this thread

Back