Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Jan 15, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #1,428 of 4,957
4th Jan! (Black finish, 230 V)

That's not bad at all. I ordered mine last Saturday. The website said the 15th, but I will be happy if it ships Tuesday or Wednesday.

Jan 16, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #1,433 of 4,957
Does the Bifrost 2 output simultaneously from the Balanced output and the RCA outputs? (Without any degradation of sound quality?

Yes, there is simultaneous output and at least based on what I’ve read here and my own experiences with it there isn’t a degradation of sound quality.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #1,435 of 4,957
Does the Bifrost 2 output simultaneously from the Balanced output and the RCA outputs? (Without any degradation of sound quality?

Purists will say no. I split the signal in current DAC up to four times and it sounds fine to me. But a Purist will say you can't even use SE and XLR at the same time.

Jan 16, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #1,436 of 4,957
Purists will say no. I split the signal in current DAC up to four times and it sounds fine to me. But a Purist will say you can't even use SE and XLR at the same time.

I think the purist you refer to is what I'd refer to as an a______

😅

I will try the set up I mentioned earlier in the thread but the Jot 2 will probably reach me by end of month depending on Schiit's backlog and the Lyr 3 is unknown as there's no ETA on the 230 V part yet

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #1,437 of 4,957
Is there any sound quality degradation if both the rca and xlr output is used simutaneously?

Jan 17, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #1,438 of 4,957
Currently weighing up a purchase of the BF2 to replace my Modi 3. It will sit between an Allo Digione and a Hegel H360 powering a set of Maggie LRS'. I prefer the Modi 3 to the internal dac on the Hegel! It has more acoustic mass to my ears, more heft! I'm hopeful that the step up between the Modi3 and the BF2 will take my system up another level. I've never heard a multibit dac but was so impressed with the Modi that my gut feel is to stick with Schiit.

One slight downside is that I'm in the UK and the local distro is estimating not much stock of anything until the late spring so it will be a purchase from schiit.com.

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #1,439 of 4,957
Have any of you ever experienced any buzz or hum coming from the Bifrost 2 when turned on? I use the Unison input with my MacBook air. It's already audible (but very mild) when the bifrost isn't connected to anything but gets even worse once the USB connection is established...

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #1,440 of 4,957
Have any of you ever experienced any buzz or hum coming from the Bifrost 2 when turned on? I use the Unison input with my MacBook air. It's already audible (but very mild) when the bifrost isn't connected to anything but gets even worse once the USB connection is established...

Do you hear the buzz only through headphones or from the unit itself? Either way I don’t think it is normal. My Bifrost 2 is dead quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back