Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Jan 8, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #453 of 4,957
My B1 with a beta Unison board (thanks to Jason) works soooo very well....and with this new amp its really close to my TOTL system....absolutely wonderful.
Hoping the B2 will indeed be an upgrade somewhat sonically.

Jan 8, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #455 of 4,957
My B1 with a beta Unison board (thanks to Jason) works soooo very well....and with this new amp its really close to my TOTL system....absolutely wonderful.
Hoping the B2 will indeed be an upgrade somewhat sonically.

It would be very interesting to hear how you would
compare Bifrost1 with Unison and Bifrost2 when you get it. All comparisons so far leaves the question of how much of the difference is due to Unison and how much is the dacs themselves.
:)

Jan 8, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #456 of 4,957
It would be very interesting to hear how you would
compare Bifrost1 with Unison and Bifrost2 when you get it. All comparisons so far leaves the question of how much of the difference is due to Unison and how much is the dacs themselves.
:)

All of my limited comparisons the past two weeks are toslink DAC vs DAC. I've only used Unison for a few songs so far.

My OG Bifrost 4490 doesn't have a USB card in it at all

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #458 of 4,957
If my B1 MB doenst sell before I get the B2 I will let you know any differences that I can discern for sure!

Alex

Oh you are doing that wrong. :) Get a SYS sent over with the Bifrost 2. Don't sell the Bifrost 1 yet and A/B to your hearts content. I'm really wishing I had a SYS for my work desk.

If only I had told myself this when I ordered Bifrost 2 before Christmas.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #460 of 4,957
Rensek...

Are u saying the B1 is as good as the B2 sonically???

Alex

No, I'm just saying it's fun to compare your old gear to your new gear.

Well it's fun to me.

I can see where the nervosa of is it or isn't better might take some of the fun out of the new gear.

Good better best is so damn subjective, and we all hear differently.

Guess it depends on your personality.

I like both of my Bifrosts.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #461 of 4,957
@adydula -- If you enjoy A/B'ing, keep the BF1 with BF2 and get a SYS to A/B. If you enjoy listening to music, just get the BF2 and enjoy. :wink:

FYI -- @Rensek is a wee bit OCD and the poster-child for audio-nervosa!! ** :D

** I can say that because - 1) It's TRUE and 2) We're friends!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back