Schiit Asgard vs. Headroom Micro Amp
Nov 6, 2011 at 9:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Marximus

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently ran into some money, and I'm looking to get a good solid amp for my headphones.  It will be running from either a uDAC-2 or a Fiio E10 (currently own the uDAC-2, and should have the E10 by Wednesday).  I'm looking at either the Schiit Asgard or the Headroom Micro Amp.  I know there's a $100 difference between the two, and I'm not interested in other amps in that price range, just these two.  I like the crossfeed idea of the Micro Amp, and I like the price (duh) and simplicity of the Asgard (and the connections fit better with my setup).  I've heard about issues regarding transformer hum.  Does anyone know if this has been resolved?  Has anyone heard both and can testify to their sound quality?  Thanks.

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #4 of 6
I had the same question and I'm going with the Asgard as well - should be here this week.  It will be driving Senn HD598s and I'm anxious to hear how much improvement I'll hear over my Denon receiver headphone output - I know it will be some imnprovement - we'll see how much.  I like the simplicity of the Asgard, but the Micro is pretty straightforward as well - it has boiled down to looks and saving $100 at this point.

Do yopu have yours yet?  If so, how do you it like it so far?

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #5 of 6
Can you share your thoughts on running the HD 598s through the Asgard?  I've been thinking about going that route myself.  Much appreciated.

Quote:
I had the same question and I'm going with the Asgard as well - should be here this week.  It will be driving Senn HD598s and I'm anxious to hear how much improvement I'll hear over my Denon receiver headphone output - I know it will be some imnprovement - we'll see how much.  I like the simplicity of the Asgard, but the Micro is pretty straightforward as well - it has boiled down to looks and saving $100 at this point.

Do yopu have yours yet?  If so, how do you it like it so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back