Schiit Asgard 3 - Impressions Thread
Jun 14, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #2,764 of 2,863
to come on song after turning on
Not sure what you mean? I turn my Asgard 3 on, and it's ready to go 30 seconds later (muting relays). If your saying it sounds best after an hour, then I can slightly agree. I find 15-20 minutes is a good "warm up" time before the music is sounding it's best with the Asgard 3.

Jun 14, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #2,765 of 2,863
I no longer have ny Asgard 3 but since I'm retired and I'm around the house during the day off and on I'd turn it on in the morning and turn it off at night when I'd turn it off. It was a lot cooler operating amp than the Asgard 2. Pure class A action on that amp made it a great little cook stove.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #2,766 of 2,863
Not sure what you mean? I turn my Asgard 3 on, and it's ready to go 30 seconds later (muting relays). If your saying it sounds best after an hour, then I can slightly agree. I find 15-20 minutes is a good "warm up" time before the music is sounding it's best with the Asgard 3.
It's the 30 second muting relays that caused me to send my first A3 back to Schiit. I thought it was faulty but when I had the same thing happen on the replacement model I did a bit of investigation and discovered the 30 sec mute on initial start up. I'd imagine the one I sent back was absolutely fine. I hope they found someone else to send it to.

Jun 25, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #2,767 of 2,863
My impressions of the Asgard 3 relative to the Jotenheim 2, which I just acquired, is that the Jot is not much of an improvement...maybe 3-5% in my system. The Jot is not worth twice the money. However, I did put my Asgard 3 up for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #2,768 of 2,863
My impressions of the Asgard 3 relative to the Jotenheim 2, which I just acquired, is that the Jot is not much of an improvement...maybe 3-5% in my system. The Jot is not worth twice the money. However, I did put my Asgard 3 up for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.
I sold my Asgard 3 after I bought a Vahalla 2. When I bought my Asgard 3 it was only a hundred bucks more than the Magni. Even at $250 the Asgard 3 is a deal.

Jun 25, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #2,769 of 2,863
I sold my Asgard 3 after I bought a Vahalla 2. When I bought my Asgard 3 it was only a hundred bucks more than the Magni. Even at $250 the Asgard 3 is a deal.
I agree completely. It's the only amp you would ever need.

Jun 27, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #2,770 of 2,863
The extra cost is for the balanced in the Jot 2. I'm sorry your not hearing much of an improvement though. Money is money after all. My only suggestion would be to do some A/Bing, but use one amp for say a week, and then swap to the other for a week. Then make a decision which you like more. I find the Asgard 3 more relaxed sounding, and the Jot 2 a more "in your face" kind of thing. Of course I'm completing generalizing. The Asgard 3 should sell quick though! Put your mind at ease...

Jun 27, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #2,771 of 2,863
The extra cost is for the balanced in the Jot 2. I'm sorry your not hearing much of an improvement though. Money is money after all. My only suggestion would be to do some A/Bing, but use one amp for say a week, and then swap to the other for a week. Then make a decision which you like more. I find the Asgard 3 more relaxed sounding, and the Jot 2 a more "in your face" kind of thing. Of course I'm completing generalizing. The Asgard 3 should sell quick though! Put your mind at ease...
Oh, it's all good. I've A/B them both back and forth several times. I think I needed to have the Jotenheim warm up for several hours. When comparing them the first time, the Asgard 3 was fully warmed up and the Jotenheim was just out of the box. I am starting to tune into the differences more clearly after the last few days. It's subtle but mildly significant. I'd say it's about a 5-7% difference at this point...as opposed to my original 3-5% improvement. Fact is that any improvements are hard to come by unless we pull out our wallets with some real money. Overall, I'm happy with the Jotenheim 2. My expectations were perhaps out-of-line?

Jul 20, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #2,772 of 2,863
So... I just flipped up the input switch instead of the gain accidentally, and after switching it back down I only have sound in my right ear... and the switch is no longer able to be flipped, like it broke. Wonderful.

Jul 22, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #2,773 of 2,863
So... I just flipped up the input switch instead of the gain accidentally, and after switching it back down I only have sound in my right ear... and the switch is no longer able to be flipped, like it broke. Wonderful.
My Lyr 3 did that after it was fixed by them, even though the issue was something else lol. Keep flickering or pushing up and it should make full contact to get the balance back.

Jul 27, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #2,774 of 2,863
Did you contact Schiit? Are you still under warranty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back