Schiit Asgard 2 and the heat related question!
Sep 3, 2023 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nofacemonster

100+ Head-Fier
I have a Schiit Asgard 2 and I love it. All my late evening and night listening sessions were done with it paired with a HD6XX. However I am little concerned over how hot it gets after 1 to 1 1/2 hours of usage. Will this effect the amp negatively in the long run...? it is operated in an air conditioned environment which keeps around 26 degrees. But still it gets very hot. Schiit says it gets hot and not to be bothered about it.

Should i add a fan or something to cool it down...? It gets hot but can touch without getting any painful burns. I don't want to add fans etc and cause noise around the unit but if that's a good option i will definitely opt for it.

Sep 6, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 4
It's not tubes, and it's not a class "A" amp, so I can understand why Schiit wouldn't recommend a fan or tell you to worry.

But if you do worry, maybe check out one of those fans that tube guys used on top of their amps to make sure they didn't get hot.

My Jot2 and Bifrost2 arrived today. I stacked the amp on top of the DAC. (I asked Schiit whether I could do this.) The amp gets warm but not hot.

Sep 7, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #3 of 4
It's not tubes, and it's not a class "A" amp, so I can understand why Schiit wouldn't recommend a fan or tell you to worry.

But if you do worry, maybe check out one of those fans that tube guys used on top of their amps to make sure they didn't get hot.

My Jot2 and Bifrost2 arrived today. I stacked the amp on top of the DAC. (I asked Schiit whether I could do this.) The amp gets warm but not hot.
As far as i recall, Asgard 2 is Class A and Asgard 3 is something else.

Nov 22, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 4
If you live in an extremely hot place and your room temps are like 35-40c, then you might not want to run the amp for many hours on end. But, most amps do run hot, and there frames operate as heat sinks, so being warm to the touch is perfectly fine :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back