Scarlette 2i2 creating crackling and robot noises after a few hours of use, and headphone issues.
Apr 18, 2017 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Lunova

New Head-Fier
Hello all. I have owned a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 80 ohms, a Flouren BM-800 microphone, and a scarlette 2i2 interface (2nd Gen). I wasn't having any issues at first, but about a month, or so after I bought it I started to have a crackling noise occur that interfered with my audio. It was fixed by simply unplugging the usb that came with it from the back, and plugging it back in.

It eventually continued to happen and would also make my microphone go robotty, or however you would describe it. I didn't have a problem with this, until later on when programs required restarting because the audio wouldn't come back until I restarted the program I was using. This is especially annoying while streaming, gaming, or using chat programs such as discord. Sometimes I wouldn't have to restart a program, and the crackling noise would go away eventually, but will keep coming back more frequently until I disconnect and reconnect my audio device

If anyone knows what the issue is, or how I could solve it then it would be much appreciated. Also I am using windows 8.1 and I was using windows 10 previously, but switched back to windows 8.1 and formatted my computer. The issues continued before and after that. I also tried both a usb 3.0 port, and a normal one on my computer. I also was told that the DT 770's had decent bass, but coming from gaming headsets the bass wasn't that great compared to the cheap ones I was using before. It also seems the quality isn't as I had hoped, but it might just be related to the issue I am having now. I'm not a gamer that is obsessed with hearing footsteps that much, but the audio positioning doesn't seem to be that great for a 200 dollar, or so pair of headphones I bought.

Anyways thanks for any help you can provide and sorry if this post is in the wrong spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back