Scariest monster from a horror/sci-fi flick?
Oct 24, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #16 of 71
IT, that clown was mad freaky yo!

Oct 24, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #17 of 71
Anything with that stop animation (i.e. the girl from The Ring).

Oct 24, 2006 at 12:41 AM Post #19 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch
There was an episode of Space:1999 that creeped me out more than anything I can remember before or since. They found a bunch of floating derelict spacecraft, all empty and lifeless.

The Albinoni Adagio was playing in the background.

They entered the one ship that seemed to have some residual heat (or something). As they were exploring inside, suddenly a slot in the wall opened, tentacles grabbed a crewmember, and after a brief struggle, the crewmember was gone.

A few seconds passed while the boarding party reacted in horror, tried to get the slot open, et cetera. Suddenly the slot opened and an empty, burnt husk that had clearly been the missing crewmember was ejected. It was like he or she had been barbecued to near-charcoal, then any still-moist bits sucked out, all in seconds.

It was horrifying. It was revolting. It was as close to a hide-behind-the-couch moment as I think I had in a childhood of TV-watching.

Uh...thanks for reminding me of it.

100% my experience too, seeing that episode as a kid. space 1999 ruled.

top scary monster for me is the zombie.

Oct 24, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #20 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
space 1999 ruled.

Thanks for the link. It's the earlier non-psychodelic intro (guessing before crispy episode mentioned above), but it linked to another of my childhood fave shows U.F.O., set in the far off future of 1980. More info here.

EDIT: Sorry to get off topic. For the Space: 1999 fans (I didn't know the connection)...
Quote:

After the 26 episodes were completed plans were drawn up for a sequel to be called UFO: 1999 which would have been set in a much bigger Moonbase. A subplot of the episode "Kill Straker!" sees Straker negotiating with SHADO's financial supporters for funding to build more moonbases within 10 years, which could be seen as a prologue to the UFO: 1999 concept. When American broadcasters dropped their support for a second season of UFO, the idea was dropped, but a couple of years later the concept was revised into an even more far-fetched story about the moon being blown out of orbit and Moonbase along with it — Space: 1999. Some of the uniforms worn by SHADO personnel would be recycled for the later series, and the Eagle spacecraft used in Space: 1999 were originally designed for UFO Year 2.

Oct 24, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #21 of 71
Scariest for me is the porcelain-faced midget clown on a tricycle from the Saw series, and especially saw II when he goes for a joyride. It really freaked me out. I hate clowns.

Oct 24, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #22 of 71
yeah, clowns are freakin' scary. that clown from "poltergeist" was scary.

but recalling the OP's scary episode from "twilight zone," (which was definitely a freaky episode), i'm reminded of another scary "TZ" episode - talking tina. if you've seen it you know how scary that doll was...[/shudder]

Oct 24, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #25 of 71
The Thing ('82) but not really when it was in its true form at the end. I was more afraid of it when it was masquerading as a human/dog or doing that head blossom stuff, yuck!

The clown from Poltergeist still haunts me, that evil person. Event horizon's "evil" was great, that was the last really scary movie I saw in the theater.

Oct 24, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #26 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Thanks for the link. It's the earlier non-psychodelic intro (guessing before crispy episode mentioned above), but it linked to another of my childhood fave shows U.F.O., set in the far off future of 1980. More info here.

EDIT: Sorry to get off topic. For the Space: 1999 fans (I didn't know the connection)...

i was a fan of ufo too! it had one freaky episode where the ufo's were skinning livestock or something.

man, tv was seriously groovy back in the day.

Oct 24, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #27 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikrit42
Alma from F.E.A.R.

no kidding, where you go down the ladder and she's starring down at you holy crap i couldn't play it for more than 30 minutes or so without having to take a break

Oct 24, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #28 of 71
1. Freddy Krueger (The first one definitely freaked me out!)
2. The Clown from Poltergeist
3. The Devil in The Exorcist (I still have dreams and nightmares when I watch it)
4. The Ventriliquist Dummy in the movie Magic.
5. The infant/baby in the early '70's movie "It's Alive" (freaked me out as a kid)

Oct 24, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #29 of 71
The Alien has become pretty cliched by now, but in the original film it was pretty damn scary in both its forms--especially because you never really got a good look at the adult form.

When I was a kid, the better man-in-a-rubber-suit monsters were pretty unsettling: the Creature, and all those jobs on the original "Outer Limits".

Oct 24, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #30 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
5. Baby in Rosemary's Baby
4. Sleep in Invasion of the Body Snatchers (all versions)
3. HAL in 2001
2. The locals in Southern Comfort
1. The chipmunk in The Shining

How did you managed to get scared by the baby in Rosemary's Baby? They never show the baby?

Okay, I'll bite, "chipmunk"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back