Scammed-fi.. Solved thanks folks
Oct 8, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 17
i would not disclose the users name just yet, especially with the slant of your post, being slightly accusatory (quite rightly)

it may turn out, hopefully that there is some innocent explanation, i am a one for jumping to conclusions sometimes, and it always nearly bites me on the @R$e!

sometimes people arent on the same wavelength and do silly things like take a vacation in the middle of a trade, or family matters may be rendering them otherwise engaged, as i saw recently in a similar thread

seek out an admin and confide in him as to what the best route to proceed along, and contact the member again, possibly stating that unless contact is made within a reasonable timeframe, that he will receive negative feedback for his troubles.

tricky one that!

Oct 8, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 17
^^^ what?!?

over 45 days. and has not responded to pm or email. i would be very concerned. not sure what i would do though. but maybe this thread will do something in your favor.

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^ what?!?

over 45 days. and has not responded to pm or email. i would be very concerned. not sure what i would do though. but maybe this thread will do something in your favor.

mybad, i somehow failed to realize it was more than 45 days.

that is a long time. i would still contact an admin here and ask what to do re: naming names etc.

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 17
Never trade cross shipping unless you know the other person already. As far as I'm concerned, if I'm offering something for trade, then your item is payment. When I receive payment, I ship the item.

GAD

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing the Head-Fier isn't a very active one? Maybe less than a hundred posts? No feedback?

good question. is he still active on the boards - either logging in or posting.

Oct 8, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #10 of 17
This is why trades are so risky. If the guy didn't have sufficient feedback or a solid posting history, you probably shouldn't have dealt with him in the first place; he could have been made to ship first, at the very least.

Oct 8, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #11 of 17
Hindsight is 20/20.

When was the person last active on Head-Fi?

Have you left appropriate Feedback? It can be changed if things work out.

Have you contacted a Moderator? They should know since you can still be active on Head-Fi through PM’s etc. without actually Posting- They could still be scamming people.

Good Luck and it might be best to out the guy and see what the response is and to warn others.

Mitch

Oct 9, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #12 of 17
Actually.. now that i've looked into it it's 2 days away from 2 months

I'll give him a couple of days then i'll be contacting some people i guess

He's got 10 feedbacks and almost 200 posts.. but the last post was early-ish last month. But he does have hundreds of ebay feedbacks and expensive gear so i thought he wouldn't be the type to need to scam

Oct 9, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #14 of 17
You can out the rat! If it turns out to be in error, you can edit the remark with "deleted". Right?

Oct 9, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #15 of 17
I'd say you have done your dough, unfortunately. I would publish the name. As somebody has already posted, this may save someone else from the same.

cheers
Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back