Scammed by user "freeskisquaw"
Sep 24, 2015 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

vikkiblew

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Just thought that I should alert anyone who might have future transactions with username freeskisquaw to steer clear.

Here is what happened to me:

To put it briefly, I approached him to purchase the Leckerton UHA-6S he has posted on the classifieds. He seemed like a regular nice person and responded to PMs swiftly.

However right after payment he pretty much went quiet and would not provide a tracking ID for the item. I continued to PM and email him asking for some form of tracking, and I finally received one about 2 weeks after the initial transaction.

When the item finally arrived what I received in the mail was a SIIG PCI card sticking out from a cloth zipper case.

Hoping that it was a mix up, I contacted him one last time via PM letting him know that the item was clearly wrong. Alas there was no response. 

Right now I can only hope that paypal can resolve the situation and get my money back.

Not sure if I am allowed to post any of his contact information, so l will restrain from revealing them right now.

Sep 24, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 4
  Hi guys,

Just thought that I should alert anyone who might have future transactions with username freeskisquaw to steer clear.

Here is what happened to me:

To put it briefly, I approached him to purchase the Leckerton UHA-6S he has posted on the classifieds. He seemed like a regular nice person and responded to PMs swiftly.

However right after payment he pretty much went quiet and would not provide a tracking ID for the item. I continued to PM and email him asking for some form of tracking, and I finally received one about 2 weeks after the initial transaction.

When the item finally arrived what I received in the mail was a SIIG PCI card sticking out from a cloth zipper case.

Hoping that it was a mix up, I contacted him one last time via PM letting him know that the item was clearly wrong. Alas there was no response. 

Right now I can only hope that paypal can resolve the situation and get my money back.

Not sure if I am allowed to post any of his contact information, so l will restrain from revealing them right now.

That's really too bad vikkiblew, unfortunately such individuals exist and don't care about other people only about themselves.  What I would do is go back to the add (which I found by entering his monicker at the top of the page and clicked on search.)  Once you find the add go into it and click on the red flag at the bottom left hand corner.  Then send an email to either Currawong or Jude and write/say, explain the same way you did on this post.  This individual has other items for sale so hopefully he'll have to answer to either Currawong or Jude for his actions.  I'm pretty sure they'll do something about it.  Good luck to you. 

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks BobG55, I have already flagged the original classified on the same day I received the item. I think that also notifies the mods at the same time, so I think they are probably already on it or will be investigating into it in the near future.

It doesn't seem like he uses the account much anyway, probably hardly matters even if the account gets suspended. I am putting the message out so that no other hapless head-fiers like myself gets cheated in the same manner.

I just want to highlight how important it is to request for an invoice from the seller and never to send money by paypal gift option (such a relief that my local paypal page disabled the option). Of course looking up the background of an unknown seller is a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back