SBLive Owners only(getting rid of the hiss)
Apr 14, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #16 of 17
It supports microsoft directsound. That's all you need to have high quality sound playback in games. "Audio cards" don't support real time surround sound processing (EAX, A3D, D3D), however I think 3D sound API is bogus, it's just a whole lot of low fidelity noise. Now why would you want that?
Accurate 360º sound out of two channels? Please, I'm not that gullible. Processing... Bad word, sounds fake.

Apr 14, 2002 at 9:20 AM Post #17 of 17
You all have been great.

I have been studying the M-Audio Audiophile 2496. That may be the right card for me. Not too expensive, coax out etc. I rarely play games so game compatability is not important.

I checked, and everything else is muted already. I am getting better sound now with the new cable and rear speaker jack.

Quote:

Another way to reduce hiss is to remove the analogue CD/DVDROM -> sound card internal cable and connect the SB Live's internal SPDIF to the CD/DVDROM's digital out. Don't know if you've already done that..

- Wasif.

I'll have to check on that. I really don't remember how I connected the cd burner when I replaced it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back