SB Touch and Toshiba Canvio 1TB trouble
Dec 7, 2011 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jtiis

Head-Fier
Hi all,

I recently purchased a SB Touch and, based on internet talk (including here I believe) I thought the Toshiba Canvio 1 TB drive plays well with it. I've not done anything to the drive since getting it - just put a few test tunes on the drive. I did get it to play once I think - but since then, the SB can't locate it. (I've had the same problem with thumbdrives if I leave and come back a few hours later too).

I've unplugged and restarted - I've removed (safely) the USB and reconnected. When I go to USB and I can start the SB server - it will say its done discovering files - but when I go back out to MY MUSIC it says it "can't detect as wired connection. Please check yoru ethernet cable and make sure your network is running and available." I do not have this thing hooked up to a wired or wirelss network (althogh I did set it up on one - and I have hooked it back up just to see if that would help - but it didn't.

My plan was/is to load my music onto the Canvio and run tunes off it and only to internet radio via the network at home (everything is now at the office so no wireless here...).

Any suggestions? Why ain't she working well? TIA.

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 2
Well, I figured it out by messing around more. The default server was squeezebox.com instead of my USB. uuuugh,... still learnin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back