SB Notebook @ $70 vs. Indigo IO @ $150
May 8, 2006 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

peterpan188

100+ Head-Fier
My laptop's headphone jack just got a pin snapped off, not that I can't solder a new jack in, but it just a good reason to upgrade from onboard sound chip
580smile.gif
. At newegg, SB notebook has a deal for $89.99 with $20 rebate, where everywhere else except eBay sells Indigo IO for $150. Is the difference in SQ worth double the price? How is the drivers, applications quality comparing those 2?

Cheers,
Peter

May 9, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 7
Bump!

Can anyone point me a direction for comparsion and review?

Cheers,
Peter

May 9, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #4 of 7
Ok, I've listened to both. At first I bought the SB card and was tremendously disappointed. The sound of the music improved (obviously) over the stock soundcard but there were annoying clicks that I could not eliminate no matter what I tried. I returned it after 3 days. Then I went to the Echo I/O and was very pleased. The sound was more clear, crisp, everything improved over the SB and no annoying clicks or jitter. For me it was well worth the investment and I feel no need to upgrade at all.

Jul 4, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #7 of 7
I just bought SB Audigy2 ZS Notebook PCMCIA card from Buy.com($55 after rebate) last week, but I only use its SPDIF out(@24Bits/96K Hz) to transmit my itune music from laptop to my MicroDAC-->HR MOH-->HD650.

This PCMCIA card has 3 Hardware versions,make sure you get latest one(Mfg Part#: 70SB053000012), so you will not see some of annoying problems as others ....
580smile.gif

Whether to buy SB Audigy2 Notebook(SB) or Indigo IO(IIO) depends on what you need. I think the strength of SB is Digital Signal Processing, NOT its analog (headphone) output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back