SB Awe 32
Jun 4, 2002 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nulheim

New Head-Fier
Hi

The line out of my soundcard is not enough for my headphones, and I can't buy an amp ($$$).

I have the possibility to get a cheap SoundBlaster AWE 32, that has a amplificated headphones out. My question is... how is its amp? is it good or it's the worst?

Maybe in the future I will change my Sony MDR-V100 for a Sennheiser HD497. I hope that the Senn will be more efficient
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, and sorry for my horrible english X'D

Jun 5, 2002 at 8:36 AM Post #2 of 6
What kind of soundcard do you have now? Chances are the AWE32 is not going to be any better. The most favored soundcard around here, the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, is about $60. How cheap is the AWE?

(HBZ)

Jun 5, 2002 at 9:05 AM Post #3 of 6
My soundcard is a Zoltrix Nightingale 6 Pro. I don't want to substitute it, but to add the AWE only to have an amplificated output for my headphones.

The AWE is 10$

I want to know if its amplificated output is good or not, if it has many noise, or what
smily_headphones1.gif

In my country (Spain) is very difficult to find Turtle Beach products
frown.gif

Thanks

Jun 6, 2002 at 8:22 AM Post #4 of 6
Two soundcards in one computer? It doesn't work that way, you would have a conflict. It has to be one or the other, not both. You'll have to find a way to amplify the Zoltrix's output. Maybe a set of powered speakers with a headphone jack would do it. I have my soundcard attached to a stereo receiver and then run my headphones through that.

(HBZ)

Jun 6, 2002 at 8:55 AM Post #5 of 6
nulheim,
I found this in the big audiocard thread.
Quote:

Where you from again? I don't remember where Creative was originated from (I couldn't care less about Creative anyway....) If you are in Europe like me, the Santa Cruz is called Videologic SonicFury. They are the EXACT same card, just different distributor

LINK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back