Say I want to get the Koss KSC-75...
Dec 14, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #31 of 33
It's interesting that Cat5/6 doesn't cut it sound-wise considering that it's engineered for very low distortion.
If you tried to wire a network with audio cables it probably fail do to signal noise and crosstalk, and yet those cables sound better.
I'm not trying to start an argument or insinuate that cat cabling is better for audio. It's just an interesting situation.

Of course this rests on my assumption that audio cables wouldn't work for networking. That might not be the case.

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's interesting that Cat5/6 doesn't cut it sound-wise considering that it's engineered for very low distortion.
If you tried to wire a network with audio cables it probably fail do to signal noise and crosstalk, and yet those cables sound better.
I'm not trying to start an argument or insinuate that cat cabling is better for audio. It's just an interesting situation.

Of course this rests on my assumption that audio cables wouldn't work for networking. That might not be the case.

hmm, but i think it does sound better, other than the super stiff properties and the annoying microphonics. I definitely find an improvement over the stock cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back