Say hello to the Shure SLC4 Knock-off
Aug 25, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by paratrooper123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's just a poorly photoshopped picture of these fakes:

Shure E4c Sound Isolating Earphones-Black - Pop-Shopping Sto..

Correctly priced for fakes though, unlike ^ those.
smily_headphones1.gif

I should have also mentioned that the link in this post is also to fake E4/SCL4. It's closer to the E4/SCL4 look than other counterfeit's, but this is most definitely fake. We don't make a pouch like the one pictured (never have, not even as a one-off or test run), and the clincher for me (one of the designers of the E4/SCL4) is the cable exit and y-junction.

FAKE.

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably, especially at that price, the inards of the headphones are crap and certainly not the same as the genuine article. I'm guesing they just copy the outer design and aesthetics of your products.

My thoughts too. This has been done to both E2 and E4 now.

I'm kind of flattered, but angry at the same time.

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfried /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My thoughts too. This has been done to both E2 and E4 now.

I'm kind of flattered, but angry at the same time.

I can imagine! As you say, it must hit both those buttons. I think the vast majority of your prospective market would be aware and bright enough to avoid such 'replicas' like the plague though.

Aug 25, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can imagine! As you say, it must hit both those buttons. I think the vast majority of your prospective market would be aware and bright enough to avoid such 'replicas' like the plague though.

Well, I hope so.

At least head-fi members (and lurkers) have the benefit of asking and receiving the benefit of community knowledge. If only most of our customers were so resourceful.

Aug 26, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #20 of 21
Imitation is the highest form of flattery and the E4Cs are still my favorite IEMs.

Aug 26, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Imitation is the highest form of flattery and the E4Cs are still my favorite IEMs.

Don't go making any knock-offs then
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back