Saw a hybrid amp a while ago but cant remember.
Dec 29, 2008 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

chef8489

Headphoneus Supremus
Well I saw a portable tube hybrid amp a few months back but can not remember what it was. Was pretty small and would work great with an ipod. Any help would be appreciated.

Dec 29, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #2 of 9
TTVJ's Millett Hybrid Amp. There is another one by Little Dot too but I haven't seen it for a while.

Dec 29, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TTVJ's Millett Hybrid Amp. There is another one by Little Dot too but I haven't seen it for a while.

2874908760044175878S600x600Q85.jpg

Now you have!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #4 of 9
I have never heard the tube sound that I know of. How does that compare to a regular portable amp?

Dec 29, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #5 of 9
do those stuff need batteries?

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Relinquished /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do those stuff need batteries?

what do you think they run on?? nuclear power??

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I saw a portable tube hybrid amp a few months back but can not remember what it was. Was pretty small and would work great with an ipod. Any help would be appreciated.

This amp is not portable, if you take a carefull look at the picture,you see om the left side the power suplly's cord.....
wink.gif

Cheers
Rui

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by RuiCanela /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This amp is not portable, if you take a carefull look at the picture,you see om the left side the power suplly's cord.....
wink.gif

Cheers
Rui

it could just be charging (mah lazer!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTVJ article
Power is supplied by a built-in lithium-ion battery, similar to those used in cell phones and digital cameras. A very special power supply circuit generates a higher voltage and a lower voltage to supply the tubes and the solid-state output buffers. Special care was taken to optimize both the efficiency of the power supplies (to provide long battery life) as well as their sonic characteristics. (Don’t ever let anybody tell you that power supplies don’t affect sound!)

Recharging the battery is simply a matter of plugging in the supplied AC adapter and waiting 1-2 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back