Saw 3
Oct 28, 2006 at 5:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

benton

100+ Head-Fier
Wow, they really have outdone themselves. I mean Saw and Saw 2 look like child's play compared to this. The gore in this one is just brought to a new level and had me biting down pretty hard. The ending was also pretty awesome. Anyone here experience this movie yet?

Oct 28, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #2 of 24
I want to see it, but after the disappointment that was saw 2, I dunno. First one had the whole mindfreak thing going on, second was more crappy b-movie.

Oct 28, 2006 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 24
I believe we are planning a late Halloween night showing - I hope that Shawnee Smith doesn't get chopped up too early in the film
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2006 at 3:02 PM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by benton
Wow, they really have outdone themselves. I mean Saw and Saw 2 look like child's play compared to this. The gore in this one is just brought to a new level and had me biting down pretty hard. The ending was also pretty awesome. Anyone here experience this movie yet?

More gore than SAW 2 ?!?!?!?

Wow! I was pretty freaked out by the intensity of SAW 2
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2006 at 4:27 PM Post #5 of 24
Kirosia you will not be disappointed. I also thought Saw 2 was pretty weak but without giving anything away I will simply say this was Saw 2 times 10. Also, the ending and overall story was much better than Saw 2. Saw 2 seemed more like an action movie where as Saw 3 was the all out gore.

Oct 29, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by benton
Kirosia you will not be disappointed. I also thought Saw 2 was pretty weak but without giving anything away I will simply say this was Saw 2 times 10. Also, the ending and overall story was much better than Saw 2. Saw 2 seemed more like an action movie where as Saw 3 was the all out gore.

You have to be joking... Have you seen the Japanese movie Audition? How does the gore in Saw 3 compare? Audition has a massive hour-long torture scene
rolleyes.gif
(legs, heads, arms flying off... it wasn't very nice)

Oct 29, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #10 of 24
The genius of Saw 1 lies in the gradual build up of tention and the disturbing fear that one of them might have to saw their foot off, and the culmination of the actual realization of such fear that pushes off the limit of many audiences. Saw 2 loses this buildup of pressure, and turns into a predictable (in terms of effect, not plot line) film of consecutive presentation of gory and "eww" scenes. I hope Saw 3 will see the return of the intense psychological pressure of its predecessor.

Oct 29, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #11 of 24
The first one was incredible. I was in awe. My friend saw the 3rd and said it was awful. You could see the twist ending from the beginning, and it's just a bunch of gore. Not that that's always so bad.
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez
The first one was incredible. I was in awe. My friend saw the 3rd and said it was awful. You could see the twist ending from the beginning, and it's just a bunch of gore. Not that that's always so bad.
biggrin.gif

You like gore then
tongue.gif

Personally, I'd rather watch po*n than a torture/snuff film.

Oct 29, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #13 of 24
Saw Saw 1 and 2 and wondered why I was paying money for simulated torture. I love horror movies, but the new wave of brutality and gore that chiefly offers only that is a disturbing trend to me. After Saw 2, I decided against supporting that financially.

Oct 29, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
not a big fan of torture here, so pass.

Yes. Just goes to show you how the Christians and lions got so popular at the Roman Colliseum...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back