Satin Audio Feedback & Discussion Thread
May 17, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #137 of 162
Nice! Satin just released new monster and titan cables, also a new premium copper cable. I will update them to this thread.
I have been eyeing all the new cables for the past couple of weeks and that would be great to have them shown is this thread! The new Chimera III looks stellar and is my next cable purchase. Also, I have been eyeing that new all copper cable as well. I feel Satin needs more love, as their cables really are top notch.

Last edited:
May 24, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #138 of 162
Finally have time for this after a few years, I have updated Satin new products to the #1. I hope Satin will get more love, as they are deserved it!

Photos will be shown below, taken from their website and facebook. Updated 2022:

Their TOTL: Zeus​

(4 wire $1838/ 6 wire $2758/ 8 wire $3680)

• 24AWG
  • Superior Pure OCC Material
  • Gold Plated Silver | Palladium Plated Silver | Silver-Gold Alloy
  • Geōmetria Multi-sized Stranded – Satin Special Structures II
  • Kevlar Damping Core
  • Premium SA Palladium Plated UCopper 2.5mm/3.5mm and Pentaconn OFC 4.4mm as standard plugs.

109338192_1606868276148214_2830556330301769743_n-2.jpg

Perseus - Reinvent Copper​

$699.00

• Dual 23AWG/26AWG
  • High Audio Grade Premium Pure Copper
  • Geōmetria Dual Layer Structures
  • Double Insulation
  • Kevlar Damping Core
  • Premium SA Palladium Plated UCopper 2.5mm/3.5mm and Pentaconn OFC 4.4mm as standard plugs
Perseus-material-fn-1_1280.jpg

Athena - quality palladium cable with a fair price tag​

(4 wire $415/ 6 wire $607/ 8 wire $799/ 10 wire $999)

• 26AWG
  • Superior Pure OCC (SP-OCC)
  • SP-OCC Palladium plated Silver mix SP-OCC Pure Silver
  • Satin Special Structures
  • Multi-size Strand Type 4 Litz
  • Hybrid central bundle – Kevlar Damping combined with Pure Silver strand
  • SA Insulation II

251064066_1993683644133340_4624119408530365750_n.jpgMedusa III - pure silver cable with the structure of Zeus​

(4 wire $309/ 6 wire $463.5/ 8 wire $618)

• 26AWG+
  • Superior Pure OCC Silver
  • Kevlar Damping Core
  • Premium SA connectors
  • SA Insulation II
1653379297085.jpeg

Kraken III - hybrid silver copper cable with the structure of Zeus​

(4 wire $225/ 6 wire $329/ 8 wire $450)

• 26AWG+
  • Superior Pure OCC material
  • Pure Silver | Pure Copper | Silver Plated Copper
  • Kevlar Damping Core
  • Premium SA connectors
  • SA Insulation II
1653379263662.jpeg

Chimera III - hybrid SPC/Copper cable with the structure of Zeus​

(4 wire $145/ 6 wire $215/ 8 wire $289)

• 26AWG+
  • Pure Copper | Silver Plated Copper
  • Kevlar Damping Core
  • Premium SA connectors
  • SA Insulation II
273208445_2066125750222462_4076759276367623812_n.jpg

Gaïa II/ Hyperion II/ Theia II - Satin entry-level cables​

(4 wire $70.5/ 6 wire $85.5/ 8 wire $100.5)

• Type 4 Litz
  • Superior Pure OCC
  • Colorful UltraSoft II insulation
  • Nylon Damping Core
  • Audio grade Oyaide SS-47 Solder from Japan
  • Handcrafted in Vietnam
1653381074872.jpeg
275372014_2092516660916704_3478671424558987675_n.jpg
275782277_2098674106967626_3093953284031609862_n.jpg
275935753_2097877820380588_7536468914449068380_n.jpg

May 24, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #139 of 162
Finally have time for this after a few years, I have updated Satin new products to the #1. I hope Satin will get more love, as they are deserved it!

Photos will be shown below, taken from their website and facebook. Updated 2022:

Their TOTL: Zeus​

(4 wire $1838/ 6 wire $2758/ 8 wire $3680)

• 24AWG
  • Gold Plated Silver | Palladium Plated Silver | Silver-Gold Alloy
  • Kevlar Damping Core
  • Premium SA Palladium Plated UCopper 2.5mm/3.5mm and Pentaconn OFC 4.4mm as standard plugs.

Perseus - Reinvent Copper​

$699.00

• Dual 23AWG/26AWG
  • High Audio Grade Premium Pure Copper
  • Geōmetria Dual Layer Structures
  • Double Insulation
  • Kevlar Damping Core
  • Premium SA Palladium Plated UCopper 2.5mm/3.5mm and Pentaconn OFC 4.4mm as standard plugs

Athena - quality palladium cable with a fair price tag​

(4 wire $415/ 6 wire $607/ 8 wire $799/ 10 wire $999)

• 26AWG
  • Superior Pure OCC (SP-OCC)
  • SP-OCC Palladium plated Silver mix SP-OCC Pure Silver
  • Satin Special Structures
  • Multi-size Strand Type 4 Litz
  • Hybrid central bundle – Kevlar Damping combined with Pure Silver strand
  • SA Insulation II

Medusa III - pure silver cable with the structure of Zeus​

(4 wire $309/ 6 wire $463.5/ 8 wire $618)

• 26AWG+
  • Superior Pure OCC Silver
  • Kevlar Damping Core
  • Premium SA connectors
  • SA Insulation II

Kraken III - hybrid silver copper cable with the structure of Zeus​

(4 wire $225/ 6 wire $329/ 8 wire $450)

• 26AWG+
  • Pure Silver | Pure Copper | Silver Plated Copper
  • Kevlar Damping Core
  • Premium SA connectors
  • SA Insulation II

Chimera III - hybrid SPC/Copper cable with the structure of Zeus​

(4 wire $145/ 6 wire $215/ 8 wire $289)

• 26AWG+
  • Kevlar Damping Core
  • Premium SA connectors
  • SA Insulation II

Gaïa II/ Hyperion II/ Theia II - Satin entry-level cables​

(4 wire $70.5/ 6 wire $85.5/ 8 wire $100.5)

• Type 4 Litz
  • Superior Pure OCC
  • Colorful UltraSoft II insulation
  • Nylon Damping Core
  • Audio grade Oyaide SS-47 Solder from Japan
  • Handcrafted in Vietnam

What an amazing looking lineup! Thanks for sharing all this info. Satin Audio is legit!

May 24, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #140 of 162
Thank you. I have one Kraken III and two Chimera III cables on order.

May 28, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #141 of 162
What an amazing looking lineup! Thanks for sharing all this info. Satin Audio is legit!
No problem! I should update this thread sooner. Maybe in the future, I will try to write some sort impression about their new stuff. It is quite convenient for me because I live not far away from their office. But I was too lazy to do that :k701smile:

Thank you. I have one Kraken III and two Chimera III cables on order.
When you got the cables. Please share your thought or photo of your new cables in this thread. I may help others to choose their Satin cables :beerchug:

Jun 8, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #142 of 162
Satin Audio Titan Series - Gaia II and Theia II Impressions:

I have been following Satin Audio for quite a while, and after a while I was quite interested to try some cables from their Titan series for some iems I got which had somewhat crappy stock cables.

I contacted them and after some discussion I was able to get them for 15% discount in exchange of my honest impressions of them.

Note: Titan series is their entry grade offering in the custom cable, and are quite inexpensive. Costs about $70.5. Here's the link to the product page:
https://satinaudio.com/en/product-category/custom-cables-en/iem-cables-en/titan-series-en
Despite being their entry level offering, Satin Audio still has kept all the possible customisation options available, which is really commendable!

So here goes:

Build:
Upon opening the box, the first aspect that stood out was how incredibly thin and supple the cables were! I don't think I've handled quality cables which were any more soft, supple, and so thin! Really shows that these cables were strictly meant for portable usage, which very few other cables are actually made for. The braids are a bit loose, but not such that the windings will come totally loose.

20220603_135527.jpg

20220603_140318.jpg

The housings, and every one of them, scream quality. The mmcx connectors are quite nice and connect with the iems with a secure fit. The splitter, although feels quite sturdy, seems a bit too big compared to the size of the cables. But surprisingly, despite the size, the splitter is fairly light in weight, which helps in not creating a downward pull on the ears. However, the chin cinch is practically non-functional, as the holes are considerably bigger compared to the L and R strands of the cable. The plug housing looks like it's made of aluminium, quite well-built, the Satin Audio logo looks classy as well. The gold plated 2.5mm pin connects securely to my Qudelix 5K's 2.5mm port.

20220603_135838.jpg

20220603_140720.jpg

20220603_140518.jpg

Sound:
For sound analysis, I have done the following pairing:

Gaia II + Azla Horizon
Theia II + 634EARS LOAK-T (CL) Cocobolo

All listening was done through the Qudelix 5K via bluetooth and 2.5mm balanced out.

Gaia II + Azla Horizon: What Gaia II did over the stock balanced cable of Horizon is to add slightly more meat in the lower end and apply a very slight smoothening effect on the highs, which has some peaks. It wasn't night and day difference for sure, but the subtle improvement still came into notice after a few times of swapping then back and forth. Midrange was largely unaffected, and so was the stage.
The stock cable of Horizon wasn't bad, but had a bit of rubbery outer layer which surely wasn't much visually appealing. Compared to that, Gaia II looks much more premium, is much more supple and takes less storage space. It has become a permanent pairing for now.

20220530_131023.jpg

Theia II + 634EARS LOAK-T (CL) Cocobolo: The LOAK-T(CL) is the flagship iem of 634EARS. The general sound signature is bright neutral with slight bass boost. It's an extremely transparent iem which also have sufficient meat on the low end to provide a very complete sound. Theia II, with its pure OCC + silver plated OCC copper structure, helps in preserving the bass slam while also keeping the upper end extension and energy. Compared to the stock copper cable, the high frequencies get a bit more energy and air with Theia II while not losing any of the low end quantity and quality. The overall transparency does not decrease, while the notes become slightly more refined sounding.

20220530_130256.jpg

Last, but not the least, comes the reason behind the name - the Satin cable pouches. The drawstring pouches made of satin clothes are of sufficient size to store the cable attached with a iem, other connectors, and portable dongles. That's exactly how I use them. And just like the cables, the pouch is extremely soft and the cloth used is quite thin as well - which is an aspect I don't much approve, would've preferred a slightly thicker cloth to provide a bit more protection (I know, soft pouches ain't meant for protection, still, whatever little it can manage.) But oh well, you can't have everything, can you?

20220603_140039.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #143 of 162

I have been following Satin Audio for quite a while, and after a while I was quite interested to try some cables from their Titan series for some iems I got which had somewhat crappy stock cables.

I contacted them and after some discussion I was able to get them for 15% discount in exchange of my honest impressions of them.

So here goes:

Build:
Upon opening the box, the first aspect that stood out was how incredibly thin and supple the cables were! I don't think I've handled quality cables which were any more soft, supple, and so thin! Really shows that these cables were strictly meant for portable usage, which very few other cables are actually made for. The braids are a bit loose, but not such that the windings will come totally loose.

20220603_135527.jpg

20220603_140318.jpg

The housings, and every one of them, scream quality. The mmcx connectors are quite nice and connect with the iems with a secure fit. The splitter, although feels quite sturdy, seems a bit too big compared to the size of the cables. But surprisingly, despite the size, the splitter is fairly light in weight, which helps in not creating a downward pull on the ears. However, the chin cinch is practically non-functional, as the holes are considerably bigger compared to the L and R strands of the cable. The plug housing looks like it's made of aluminium, quite well-built, the Satin Audio logo looks classy as well. The gold plated 2.5mm pin connects securely to my Qudelix 5K's 2.5mm port.

20220603_135838.jpg

20220603_140720.jpg

20220603_140518.jpg

Sound:

Gaia II + Azla Horizon

All listening was done through the Qudelix 5K via bluetooth and 2.5mm balanced out.

Gaia II + Azla Horizon: What Gaia II did over the stock balanced cable of Horizon is to add slightly more meat in the lower end and apply a very slight smoothening effect on the highs, which has some peaks. It wasn't night and day difference for sure, but the subtle improvement still came into notice after a few times of swapping then back and forth. Midrange was largely unaffected, and so was the stage.
The stock cable of Horizon wasn't bad, but had a bit of rubbery outer layer which surely wasn't much visually appealing. Compared to that, Gaia II looks much more premium, is much more supple and takes less storage space. It has become a permanent pairing for now.

20220530_131023.jpg

Theia II + 634EARS LOAK-T (CL) Cocobolo: The LOAK-T(CL) is the flagship iem of 634EARS. The general sound signature is bright neutral with slight bass boost. It's an extremely transparent iem which also have sufficient meat on the low end to provide a very complete sound. Theia II, with its pure OCC + silver plated OCC copper structure, helps in preserving the bass slam while also keeping the upper end extension and energy. Compared to the stock copper cable, the high frequencies get a bit more energy and air with Theia II while not losing any of the low end quantity and quality. The overall transparency does not decrease, while the notes become slightly more refined sounding.

20220530_130256.jpg

Last, but not the least, comes the reason behind the name - the Satin cable pouches. The drawstring pouches made of satin clothes are of sufficient size to store the cable attached with a iem, other connectors, and portable dongles. That's exactly how I use them. And just like the cables, the pouch is extremely soft and the cloth used is quite thin as well - which is an aspect I don't much approve, would've preferred a slightly thicker cloth to provide a bit more protection (I know, soft pouches ain't meant for protection, still, whatever little it can manage.) But oh well, you can't have everything, can you?

20220603_140039.jpg
I think it should be noted that these two Satin cables are entry grade cables and quite inexpensive for custom cables. Otherwise excellent reviews by Ace Bee. Well done!

Jun 8, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #144 of 162
I think it should be noted that these two Satin cables are entry grade cables and quite inexpensive for custom cables. Otherwise excellent reviews by Ace Bee. Well done!
Thanks. Updated it in the main post.

Jun 11, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #145 of 162

Note: Titan series is their entry grade offering in the custom cable, and are quite inexpensive. Costs about $70.5. Here's the link to the product page:
https://satinaudio.com/en/product-category/custom-cables-en/iem-cables-en/titan-series-en
Despite being their entry level offering, Satin Audio still has kept all the possible customisation options available, which is really commendable!

So here goes:

Build:

20220603_135527.jpg

20220603_140318.jpg

20220603_135838.jpg

20220603_140720.jpg

20220603_140518.jpg

Sound:

Gaia II + Azla Horizon

20220530_131023.jpg

20220530_130256.jpg

20220603_140039.jpg
Really nice, but which is the difference between hyperion 2 and theia 2 ? Seems like they're both spc

Jun 12, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #146 of 162
Really nice, but which is the difference between hyperion 2 and theia 2 ? Seems like they're both spc
Theia is half copper OCC (2 wires of the 4) and SPOCC (2 wires of the 4) mix, and Hyperion is all SPOCC (all 4 wires). Double that for the 8 wire.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2022 at 5:32 AM Post #148 of 162
0B339613-6534-4FB9-97CA-97706B07F712.jpeg

Just saw this excellent Perseus review from Headfonics:

https://headfonics.com/satin-audio-perseus-review/

Marcus didn’t mention this but I found it is really weird when people here on Head-fi think Perseus look like a cable from another cable brand, meanwhile I saw Perseus a half year before that brand released their Perseus “look alike” cable.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #149 of 162
0B339613-6534-4FB9-97CA-97706B07F712.jpeg

Just saw this excellent Perseus review from Headfonics:

https://headfonics.com/satin-audio-perseus-review/

Marcus didn’t mention this but I found it is really weird when people here on Head-fi think Perseus look like a cable from another cable brand, meanwhile I saw Perseus a half year before that brand released their Perseus “look alike” cable.

Nice review indeed, it seems like an excellent release from the Satin team!

Aug 23, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #150 of 162
76A29B24-6C45-43CC-99E1-5F4AEAA5DF8A.jpeg

This new Satin Apollo cable seems very interesting. It seems like the first cable with palladium plated silver gold occ. Price $999 for 4wire.

Specs:

- The Industry’s First Palladium Plated Silver-Gold
- 26AWG+
- Superior Pure OCC Silver Mix Palladium plated Silver-Gold OCC
- Geōmetria Multi-sized Stranded – Satin Special Structures II
- Kevlar Damping Core
- Premium SA Palladium Plated UCopper 2.5mm/3.5mm and Pentaconn OFC 4.4mm as standard plugs
- Personalize your Lyre Of Apollo Splitter with our Free Name Engraving Service

Source: satin audio fb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back