Satin Audio Feedback & Discussion Thread
Jul 13, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #122 of 162
Hey, everyone! I just published my review of Satin Audio's Athena on TheHeadphoneList.com, which covers the cable in both 4-wire and 8-wire forms. You can check it out via the link below:

Satin Audio Athena: The Bold and the Brazen

SA-Athena-13_S.jpg

And, if you're interested in purchasing the cable, it's currently available for purchase with Andrew (@MusicTeck) over at MusicTeck. Or, you could wait for it to restock on Satin Audio's official website, which I've been told will happen soon.

As always, I hope you enjoy. Cheers! :)

Jul 17, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #124 of 162
Hey, everyone! I just published my review of Satin Audio's Athena on TheHeadphoneList.com, which covers the cable in both 4-wire and 8-wire forms. You can check it out via the link below:

And, if you're interested in purchasing the cable, it's currently available for purchase with Andrew (@MusicTeck) over at MusicTeck. Or, you could wait for it to restock on Satin Audio's official website, which I've been told will happen soon.

As always, I hope you enjoy. Cheers! :)
Very enjoyable read, in particular the comparison between 4 and 8 wire variants.

Don’t suppose you have tried the latter with the Traillii?

Jul 18, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #125 of 162
Very enjoyable read, in particular the comparison between 4 and 8 wire variants.

Don’t suppose you have tried the latter with the Traillii?
Thanks, man! I haven’t tried the Trailli at all, unfortunately. :D So, you’re gonna have to ask someone like @twister6, who’s got both.

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #128 of 162
I actually had a (delayed by a few weeks) response from them about interest I expressed via their website contact form about the Athena recently. I just need to figure out whether it's sonic characteristics make sense for my IE 900, so looks like I've got some reading to do to try and make a best guess, hahaha. I didn't like that it took two attempts by me, and weeks of waiting to finally get a response. Makes me worry about service in general.

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #129 of 162
The Zeus is one great cable. I have been trying all of my cables for a good mate for my new Vision Ears V8, I tried my PW 50s, # 10 & 5 my Ellteck Illiad and Socrates, Penon assorted cables without any improvement. Meanwhile, Musicteck had a sale on Zeus and a price I could not ignore.
This morning, I tried the Zeus and It gave me more of everything in a balanced and controlled way. It did not make much difference if it was loud or soft, the control , balance and resolution stayed the same. I'm glad that I bought two of them so I can use the second one on an EXT .

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #130 of 162
The Zeus is one great cable. I have been trying all of my cables for a good mate for my new Vision Ears V8, I tried my PW 50s, # 10 & 5 my Ellteck Illiad and Socrates, Penon assorted cables without any improvement. Meanwhile, Musicteck had a sale on Zeus and a price I could ignore.
This morning, I tried the Zeus and It gave me more of everything in a balanced and controlled way. It did not make much difference if it was loud or soft, the control , balance and resolution stayed the same. I'm glad that I bought two of them so I can use the second one on an EXT .
Wow, congrats! Haven't try this cable yet but it seems like a good deal for that configuration and materials.

Oct 25, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #131 of 162
Have been visiting Satin Audio website lately. If you order from it, you get a wide selection of connector and 4X, 6X and 8X cable sizes. Recently recalled my SoftEars RSV with the Medusa II. Great combo if you have RSV.

Nov 7, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #132 of 162
Satin scores again. Connected Satin Chimera 2 to new Moondrop Kato and the combo blew me away after almost 100 hours of breakin.No more shouty and screechy. Super EDC combo. Gives up very little to the IEM high priced spread.

Nov 27, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #133 of 162
My setup while away at my relatives house for the holidays. :ksc75smile: I have to say the Athena 8 wire does wonders for the BL-03!

20211124_130025.jpg

Dec 9, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #134 of 162
. . .and the Athena 8 wire has taken another affordable iem to a level of pure insanity in the finest way possible. :ksc75smile: This pairing is incredible, and the Aria scale quite well with the Athena. I absolutely love quality cables and the Athena 8 wire is a stunner.

20211206_180327.jpg

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #135 of 162
Chimera II 8 wire in the house, and sounding fantastic hooked up to the 7hz Timeless. :ksc75smile:

20220505_054758.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back