SAT Subject Tests
Sep 17, 2007 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rockin_amigo14

Headphoneus Supremus
Which two would be the easiest one's to take? I want to apply to Amherst, Boston U, and Tufts, all three of which require 2 Subject Tests. I'm taking the SATs again next month, so I'd take the Subject Tests in November. Any suggestions?

Sep 17, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #2 of 7
What kind of stuff are you good at? The ease of the test is entirely dependent on what you know. I thought that the SAT II Math IIC, Physics, and Chemistry were pretty easy, but I'm a math/science guy. The only consistent thing I've heard about the subject tests is that the foreign languages are killer (especially French and Spanish) because of the relative increase in native speakers taking the test over the past couple of years. But, as always, YMMV.

Sep 17, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 7
take the math 2C
some schools will laugh if you took the 1C because its too close, if not easier than SAT I math
i took the math 2c and physics

maybe consider one of the history tests

Sep 17, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
take the math 2C
some schools will laugh if you took the 1C because its too close, if not easier than SAT I math
i took the math 2c and physics

maybe consider one of the history tests

same here

IIC and physics for me, and keep in mind that about 10% of the people who take it get 800s, so its not THAT impressive to admission officer

Sep 17, 2007 at 7:32 AM Post #6 of 7
Well, as far as those exams go...At ucla I got placed into level 4 french, there are 6 levels. I studied language and culture in france for a month one summer and I am pretty good at test taking. I got something around 630 on the French SAT2. When I was taking it there were a lot of things on there that were subtle and there was no way I could have known if I hadn't had my experience in France, and I know I still missed a lot so I think that they have been writing it towards native speakers, that's just my 2 cents though, I might just be trying to justify my score to myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back