SAT Scores!
Mar 12, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #122 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, the guys who posted have very impressive scores.

I should have done so much better. If only I didn't doze off every 15-30 minutes. No studying and Starcraft until 7AM with the test beign at 8 is a horrible feeling. I was so tired.

I totally forgot about the SAT's. It was like, 6AM and I was on BNET with some friends and they said to me, don't you have SAT's today? I checked the letter and I was like, indeed I do... Lets get 1 more game in before I have to go. =]

same way here; though i think i took a pretest once, i never studied for the sat at all. i'd much rather be spending my time playing starcraft as well
smily_headphones1.gif
or climbing

Mar 12, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #125 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by pirus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dude, if you got the reagents letter from UCSD and the engineering one from UCLA, im pretty sure youre in UCB...dont sweat it so much

...I didn't get Regents from either one of those UCs...

Mar 12, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #127 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think i got 1150; since when isn't it out of 1600??

I guess they're trying to make it like the general GRE....when I took the SATs way back when it was up to 1600 (like it always was). But when I took the GREs, that had three sections: logic, math, and verbal (max score 2400). My grad school wasn't concerned with the logic section even though I got a perfect score on that. I was surprised about that too because I rushed through it and started doing educated guesses. Anyway, I learned they have since dropped the logic....why can't everyone go through the same crap I had to
mad.gif
icon10.gif

I wonder if this new "reading comprehension" on the new SAT is because of no child left behind. Seems like testers are weighting reading comp more and more: probably because so few people read much. And since no one uses logic, that was the first to go with the GRE!
icon10.gif

Mar 12, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #128 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The reason for the scoring change was that California threatened to ignore SAT I scoring if the College Board didn't make changes. Apparently "disadvantaged minorities" and girls didn't score well enough on the SAT I for California's liking.

So it was reformatted to drop analogies (where "disadvantaged minorities" performed poorly) and add a writing section (the only section where girls perform better than their boys).

I don't know why schools don't just move to IQ testing and be done with it.

Or how about personality testing... usually the biggest indicator of how well you will do in school.

Mar 12, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #129 of 141
Boy, we got some smart head-fiers here but I kind of expected. I took one SAT and ACT some time in 1980, I think, just because the colleges that I applied required them. Didn't even know what they were until few months that I actually took them. I can't even remember what my score was but it was average from what I told at that time. I am more familiar with today's SAT score due to my daughter is in college now in Texas A&M. Good job Azure, that is one fine score, hope you get into UC Berkeley.
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #133 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I didn't get Regents from either one of those UCs...

Cross that, I DID get Regents from UCSD. Official admissions were posted yesterday for UCSD and I found out that I got in with a Regents Scholarship of $17576:

ucsdscholarshipmaybe.jpg

Why hello there full ride to UCSD [Well, save for $1068 a year]
blink.gif

This Thursday is Judgment Day...UC Berkeley decisions...

Veniogenesis - PERFECT score BOTH times???

Mar 25, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #135 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cross that, I DID get Regents from UCSD. Official admissions were posted yesterday for UCSD and I found out that I got in with a Regents Scholarship of $17576:

ucsdscholarshipmaybe.jpg

Why hello there full ride to UCSD [Well, save for $1068 a year]
blink.gif

This Thursday is Judgment Day...UC Berkeley decisions...

Congrats! That's absolutely brilliant.

I'm also waiting on Berkeley and the decision can't come soon enough. I want to know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back