sat. radio source?
Jan 24, 2003 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

orl2222

100+ Head-Fier
Came across this as a source what do you think?

Jan 24, 2003 at 4:22 PM Post #2 of 2
I think it depends on what you're expecting for sound quality. I have the SkyFi unit with the home adapter and it sounds pretty good. I can't say just how good as I'm waiting for my amp to come in before I pass judgement, but I can tell you that the boomboox has noise(hiss) and that it's not exactly high grade compenents we're talking about here. In fact, I suggest you take a trip over to http://www.clubxm.com and read the Delphi forum for some good info on the boombox and the Delphi unit in general.

Overall, I really like my Delphi unit, and I love my XM radio. To me, it's absolutely worth $9.99 a month. For audiophiles though, the sound isn't quite there and probably won't be there given that they don't use loseless compression when encoding the songs. Also, the equipment isn't audiophile quality either. With that said, a music lover(which isn't always the same as an audiophile) will love it for the music variety and will be willing to overlook the "near CD quality" sound.

Right now, I'm passing on the boombox. I do think that Delphi cheapo-ed out on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back