SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
May 4, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #347 of 1,218
Just had a chance to try the 45ohm Tres with perforated pads that Sasha makes. Conclusion. I ended up adding the perforated pads to my order. Yes low end reduces to neutral with slight roll off after 50hz. But the clarity, air and soundstage are HOLLYF@CK AMAZING. A low shelf of 5.5db at 80hz fixes that roll off and gives the low end that slam. But wow, the overall clarity, separation is insane. I can't see any LCD beating these expect the LCD-5.

May 7, 2022 at 10:24 PM Post #348 of 1,218
Hello guys, I am considering getting semi open cups for the Tres. But not sure if to get deep cups or normal. Vent holes and all that. Just wanted to know about sound differences if you guys could help me out 😊

Last edited:
May 9, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #349 of 1,218
Just had a chance to try the 45ohm Tres with perforated pads that Sasha makes. Conclusion. I ended up adding the perforated pads to my order. Yes low end reduces to neutral with slight roll off after 50hz. But the clarity, air and soundstage are HOLLYF@CK AMAZING. A low shelf of 5.5db at 80hz fixes that roll off and gives the low end that slam. But wow, the overall clarity, separation is insane. I can't see any LCD beating these expect the LCD-5.
LCD 5 sucks if it didn't you wouldn't see a boat load being sold. The Tres isn't as refined but I'd hope a driver in $4500 headphone would have more resolution for the money. All that res. did nothing but make a boring ass headphone with no real bass impact. Human brain when healthy like bass to be thick, heavy and power. I tried throwing some bass boost and it did nothing good. I maybe **** on a headphone you like but $1500 more and 1266 TC or Susvara.

May 9, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #350 of 1,218
LCD 5 sucks if it didn't you wouldn't see a boat load being sold. The Tres isn't as refined but I'd hope a driver in $4500 headphone would have more resolution for the money. All that res. did nothing but make a boring ass headphone with no real bass impact. Human brain when healthy like bass to be thick, heavy and power. I tried throwing some bass boost and it did nothing good. I maybe **** on a headphone you like but $1500 more and 1266 TC or Susvara.
I've tried the LCD-5. I don't mind it. But again, I have always felt many headphones to be way to overpriced. And I'll happily say this, the Tres trades heavy kicks and punches with the LCD-5. While the LCD-5 I find overpriced.... The Tres is underpriced. Now that's say something. For me, I'd still choose the Tres over an Empyrean, LCD line, Hifimans, HD800s and many more 💪

May 24, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #353 of 1,218
I've tried the LCD-5. I don't mind it. But again, I have always felt many headphones to be way to overpriced. And I'll happily say this, the Tres trades heavy kicks and punches with the LCD-5. While the LCD-5 I find overpriced.... The Tres is underpriced. Now that's say something. For me, I'd still choose the Tres over an Empyrean, LCD line, Hifimans, HD800s and many more 💪
Really?
How would you choose them over the hd800s. These are my next TOTL and if you convince me that I don't have to drop over a grand on them and that the Sasha Tres is better than the hd800s.... Well I'll be a grand richer, and grateful.

May 24, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #354 of 1,218
Hopefully the matter has been resolved.

Other than that, the cups for my Tres have been made and they are currently being painted. I just know the green is going to be 😍. Small sneak peak.
received_418478723458817.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #360 of 1,218
Anyone have experience with the semi-open cups? A few people have posted about them but unless I missed it, I didn't see any definitive descriptions of how the semi-open cups sound. I'm curious how much they isolate, how the sound stage is, what they sound like, etc.

I just put in my deposit for the 45 ohm Tres, so now I'll need to decide on the configuration I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back