Sara Watkins Solo Debut (from Nickel Creek)
Apr 14, 2009 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ingo

Headphoneus Supremus
So I got home late last night just in time to catch the end of Fallon. Much to my suprise, I find Sara Watkins with Sean Watkins' guitar accompaniment and JOHN PAUL JONES playing bass?!

Now I find out that she released her debut solo album today and it's produced by Jones!

What is it with the Zeppelin/Bluegrass connection lately? Anyhow, this is very exciting. I've been waiting for Sara to release an album for a long time but I quit following along with the progress. I'm gonna probably buy the CD today and spend the evening getting to know it. Sounds good from the website samples and the song they played last night.

Apr 14, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to check this out. I have Nickel Creek "This Side" and "Nickel Creek" on SACD, both are excellent. I don't like much of "Why Should The Fire Die".

I agree, I didn't like "Why Should The Fire Die" either. It seemed that Nickel Creek's fire died after they released 'This Side' (and maybe when they decided against Alison Krauss as their producer).

Today, I listen to 'Why Should The Fire Die' out of desperation. I need to hear another Nickel Creek album. Less pretentious than WSTFD, please.

Apr 15, 2009 at 12:34 PM Post #4 of 4
Quite apart from her talent, Sara is H.O.T.T.!
icon10.gif

That said, I greatly prefer the instrumental stuff by Nickle Creek to anything with vocals. Hopefelly, the focus of her solo album will be instrumental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back