Sanyo Architect Series... *BIG PICTURES*
Jan 19, 2003 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

vandit

100+ Head-Fier
hey, i was wondering.. how good is the following equipment...
its my dad's old system, and i was just wondering if its worth using to listen to my cds.. please respond, thanks

Sanyo_Architect_CP_V12.JPG

Sanyo Architect Series: CP V12

Sanyo_Architect_JA_V12.JPG

Sanyo Architect Series JA V12

thanks in advance
wink.gif

vandit

Jan 19, 2003 at 3:28 AM Post #2 of 17
dont ask us how good the equipment is if its in your house!! i ORDER you to march to that equpiment and check it out yourself. No one elses opion matters other than yours so if you can listen to it yourself thats 10000 times better than any opinion you get here or anywhere else

Jan 19, 2003 at 4:27 AM Post #3 of 17
BoardC3:
To somebody who hasn't had the chance to hear very good source equipment (and among us students, there is a LOT of us who haven't been so lucky), it's hard to know how things in thier house stack up against the gear that's frequently talked about in here. Hell, I didn't know audio could sound so good before I got my HD600 and Corda. I think we should at least try to be a bit more helpful. Yes, it's up to him to decide, ultimately. But how can he judge a full-size CDP when he has nothing to compare it to, not including the portables he lists in his profile?

Jan 19, 2003 at 6:17 AM Post #4 of 17
I owned the CP V12. I found it at a relatives house and they let me have it. IIRC, the player did not sound much better if at all then my PCDP. Out of curiosity I will probably go dig it out and take a listen, though and report back.

Jan 19, 2003 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 17
thanks guys... the reason why im asking you guys.. is because i dont have rca -> mini cable.. and i dont plan on buying one until theres a definite difference between my pcdp and my audigy 2
biggrin.gif

thanks

vandit

Jan 19, 2003 at 6:39 PM Post #6 of 17
also..

is it better to hook up the cd player(sanyo) to rca -> mini to my meta 42 to my headphones

or

cd player(sanyo) to the amplifier (speaking of the sanyo one)to rca -> mini to my meta 42 to my headphones...

is it possible to have 2 amplifiers? im confused.. would it be better if i used 2 amplifiers..

Jan 21, 2003 at 7:39 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by vandit
...is it better to hook up the cd player(sanyo) to rca -> mini to my meta 42 to my headphones

This one. The fewer pieces betweent the source and your ears the better. Everything adds (and subtracts) something.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2003 at 11:06 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

To somebody who hasn't had the chance to hear very good source equipment (and among us students, there is a LOT of us who haven't been so lucky), it's hard to know how things in thier house stack up against the gear that's frequently talked about in here. Hell, I didn't know audio could sound so good before I got my HD600 and Corda.

This is an excellent and easily fixed point. Put on some decent clothes, grab a few CD's that you know inside and out, and head down to a high quality stereo store. While I can't afford a $15,000 system, at least I know what one sounds like and can use it as a reference to compare to what I do own.

Jan 21, 2003 at 11:18 PM Post #9 of 17
if looks mean anything, that looks like low-mid-fi crap from the 80's. all the pretty plastic flashy doohickies and readouts, and cheap looking controls, etc. i know, judging a book by its cover and all that, but that's what it looks like to me.

have a listen though, and head down to the local hifi store and have another listen on some good equipment, then compare.

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #11 of 17
I still have one of those dinosuar's...(Sanyo 1988) complete system...everything works well. As far as the CD's go ahead...I still play mine on it. Dang thing never die's....their made to last. Good Luck to ya....

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #12 of 17
Hey Vandit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still have one of those dinosuar's...(Sanyo 1988) complete system...everything works well. As far as the CD's go ahead...I still play mine on it. Dang thing never die's....their made to last. Good Luck to ya....

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #14 of 17
Wow.. 2003!

I can't find any pictures of it on google either.

PS: So this is what forum archeology is like huh? digging old fossils... actually, this may be how our grandchildren would get to know us one day.. By tracing your (inter)net activities :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back