Sansui z-5000x?
Jul 10, 2004 at 3:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

king896

100+ Head-Fier
Well my father was cleaning up some of his old stuff around the house and was going to dump this in the garbage but I snatched it up. I was wondering if anyone has any information about this receiver, like price, specifications, and if I am really lucky some reviews.

I spent a couple of minutes with it so far and I was impressed by the power and the warmness compared to my Rio karma, but the bass was a little strong for my liking. If people are interested, I am setting up a new computer with an EMU 1212m sound card and AKG 501 headphones, and I could write a little something about it in the future.

Thanks for hearing a kid out.

Jul 10, 2004 at 4:18 AM Post #2 of 5
My dad had one of those back in the late 60's. Along with his Dual turntable, TEAC reel to reel tape deck, and Sansui speakers it was my first introduction to "hi-fi" sound. Unfortunately, I was around 10 at the time so I cannot give you any detailed information. Your best bet would be to ask about it at AudioKarma, those guys are as obssesed with vintage gear as we are with headphones.

Jul 10, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #3 of 5
My first introduction to stereo audio was a Sansui 5000X receiver. It is definitely worth keeping/using even if only as the heart of a second system.

Go here for more info on the Sansui 5000X:

http://www.classicaudio.com/value/san/index.html

Jul 11, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 5
I'm using a Sansui AU-666 as my current headphone amplifier. Although it isn't designed as one, it does a good job and thanks to the builtin phono stage I don't have to use an external one. And when I upgrade my amp I'll likely also upgrade my phono stage, so that'll be a bit expensive and therefore won't be doing it anytime some, I'm content as it is.
biggrin.gif

In short; Sansui made great amplifiers, and they do a stellar job in combination with speakers and do a fair job with most cans.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2004 at 3:45 AM Post #5 of 5
Cool, it looks like I stumbled upon something usefull. Thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back