Sansaclip issues
May 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

ceryni

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, Newbie here AGAIN

I just became the proud owner of the sansa clip+ 8gb

1) very excited this morning, took this diddy thing out of the box and went to charge it, came fully charged, OH NICE! right?
2) well USB to PC, on goes 6gb of my music, nice one, cant wait to put all of it on when my micro SD card comes, *unplug from PC*
3) Plug in my Stanton Headphones (fiio is charging so i make do with my high demand headphones lacking in drive for the test)
4) i go ahead and click play all, some of my low kbps downloads play, skip them, heard them 100's of times and I will delete them, now ive sorted out the EQ they sound terrible, i can really tell that they were youtube rips
5) skip to a high 320kbps download from hospital records -----> 10 seconds pass....backlight turns off......-----> another 10 seconds, the song plays... What i think, so i press the skip button---->20secs---->next song.....

EVERY ALBUM I WANT TO PLAY, all of my decent quality songs, 20 seconds to switch between songs

this cannot be normal? Everyone else has given very good reviews for the sansa clip, is this because it's faster with a micro SD card?
Shall i wait and see if its better once i get my 32gb SD card? or shall i just get my money back for this unusable match box with a 3.5mm headphone port >.< NOT HAPPY BUNNY

Please help guys
Thanks

May 11, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 24
I'd expect latency to be higher when reading off an SD card, and thus file reading would be slightly slower than with internal memory.

Consider getting a firmware update. That may fix your problems. The website should be on the box or instruction booklet.

May 11, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #5 of 24
Or just head on over to Rockbox.org and install the Rockbox firmware on it.

http://www.rockbox.org/download/

Works amazing... I did mine the day I got it. Clip+ 4GB with 8GB uSDHC

May 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #7 of 24
the person's name is tom. the stock firmware is working horrendously. The firmware updater doesnt work. neither editions of the firmware work when installed manually. Nothing works. Im bordeline smashing the thing with a hammer. trying rockbox next

May 11, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #8 of 24
rock box says:
The following errors occurred:
No mountpoint given
You need to .....the errors before you can continue

or somehting like that.

I dont understand.
I have a sansaclip+, from amazon, and the firmware version is different to EVERYTHING i've seen on the web, and nothing seems to be able to find it on my computer.....

May 11, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #10 of 24
The problem is probably not the firmware but that your tags are messed up or in the wrong format. Updating the firmware won't hurt though. follow the instructions for manual update.
http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Sansa-Clip-Firmware-Update-01-02-16/td-p/150227

Your tags should be ID3 V2.3 ISO 8859-1. Remove all the other tags, and get rid of embedded album art and the album artist tag, as well as all comments.
Is you folder structure complex? If so, simplify it. Did you put files on the player that it can't play? That might slow down file navigation quite a bit.

May 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #13 of 24
Quote:
yeah i did that. didn't work.  ive got version 1.02.16F whatever that is.

I've tried everything. The updater. The manual update, and rockbox.

Did you try fixing your tags? Is the USB mode on the player ser to MSC? Try formatting the player(I assume you have a copy of the music on your pc), setting the USB mode to MSC, fixing up your tags, then copying the music to the player again.

May 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:
Did you try fixing your tags? Is the USB mode on the player ser to MSC? Try formatting the player(I assume you have a copy of the music on your pc), setting the USB mode to MSC, fixing up your tags, then copying the music to the player again.

there's nothing wrong with my tags as far as i can tell i bought the music, downloaded it, then stuck it itunes, im not even sure how im supposed to do all of what u just said. As far as I know, plugging in a piece of hardware is plugging it in. What is msc mode?
Quote:
This is entirely in the wrong section. You have a sansa clip+ right not a zip? "the firmware version is different to EVERYTHING"

what does that even mean?
it sounds like you're mixing up different terminology altogether....

I'm not being argumentative people, i told you I'm a complete newbie to all this. talk plain to me.....

May 11, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

there's nothing wrong with my tags as far as i can tell i bought the music, downloaded it, then stuck it itunes, im not even sure how im supposed to do all of what u just said. As far as I know, plugging in a piece of hardware is plugging it in. What is msc mode?

what does that even mean?
it sounds like you're mixing up different terminology altogether....

I'm not being argumentative people, i told you I'm a complete newbie to all this. talk plain to me.....

This is in the wrong section of the forums. A sansa clip is neither a portable IEM or a headphone. Go to the Portable Source Gear part of the equipment forum. Can you show me a picture of your clip? I don't understand why your version of the Sansa clip would have different firmware then what you can find online. What firmware do you have? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back