Dec 19, 2010 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BotByte

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a maximum of $200

I can buy a Sansa clip 8 gb with 16 gb card, case, 3 year warranty for $100

or

I can a Zune HD 16 gb, case, and 3 year warranty for $200

I will be hooking them up to a pv2v2 and Grado sr80i with good interconnects

Do zune users like their zune just for music, and don't use the other features as often?

Is the zune worth it if I'm just going to listen to music 95% of the time?

Dec 19, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 9
I own a Zune HD thats not being recognized by my PC (less then a year too...time to call MS) and I used it on average of 12 hrs 5 days a week, its a great, intuitive player, with internet or some games to play when you get bored, internet browesr is not amazing though. I loved it and only down side was that it couldnt play flac. That player could take abuse....

I think you need to consider what you are looking for, clip is small and great for its price and if you only planning to play music on shuffle or playlists then it will be good, but I cant imagine looking thorugh 16-20 gigs of albums on that thing looking for one song. Also if you are planning to you use a portable amp then I suggest you look into sansa Fuze with LOD (not Fuze+) Good luck.

Dec 19, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
I have a maximum of $200

I can buy a Sansa clip 8 gb with 16 gb card, case, 3 year warranty for $100

or

I can a Zune HD 16 gb, case, and 3 year warranty for $200

I will be hooking them up to a pv2v2 and Grado sr80i with good interconnects

Do zune users like their zune just for music, and don't use the other features as often?

Is the zune worth it if I'm just going to listen to music 95% of the time?

Clip+ by far.

Dec 19, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #4 of 9
I have owned a pile of portable players, (including a Zune) none of which really made me happy, until the Clip.

It's not beautiful and the interface is pretty ordinary. It has exactly one thing going for it: the sound is wonderful.

Buy the Clip.

s.

Dec 19, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #5 of 9
Thank everyone

I see your comments point me to the clip, not clip+

But if i get an extra flow of money, I might just get the Zune, because it's nicer and build stronger, I'm very nice to my players, yet I keep them forever. My sansa died off and I buried the damn thing, service and all int he backyard. Five gun salute also, it was sad.
anyways,

I'm just that type of person who if I'm spending the money, why not get something nicer

I bought a expensive netbook for that reason, funny enough it has a great soundchip in it

thank you for your comments

Dec 20, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #7 of 9
I got quite same amount of money 200$ but I consider a brand new clip+8gb and an used ipod gen 5.5 30gb the apple cost about 70$ I read quite a lot of review and think the clip+ is a better choice without any add on but how about an ipod with LOD and an amp I can not afford the imod of redwine so i think i will do a DIY one

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #8 of 9
 I have a Clip+, Zune HD, and stack of other players. The Clip+ and Zune HD both sound fantastic, but in all other respects are in totally different leagues. As soviet911 said, the tiny screen on the Clip makes it a PITA to seriously browse music on, and of course no album art or anything fancy. And the Clip+ build, buttons,etc., feels very cheap, even more cheap than the old Clip. In fact, I hate the buttons; too flush and too stiff, esp. the volume. The Zune HD, on the other hand, has an utterly gorgeous capacitive OLED touchscreen with the most visually stunning UI of any player. It oozes quality and is pure joy to use. The only think it lacks on the Clip+ is the mHD slot and flac. But its biggest upside is wireless and Zune Pass. For $15/mo or less you can have 7 million songs directly accessible on your player all the time (with a wireless connection).

I wouldn't use either player with your pv2v2. That's just double amping your signal; it can only hurt your sound quality. Both will drive SR80i's plenty loud.

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #9 of 9
xzobinx - I have a ipod 5.5 (non-RW modded). Even through LOD, I think the sound quality totally blows compared to the Clip+ and most other modern players I've heard. It may have been great in its day, but it's not any more. I think current gen ipods are the best sounding ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back