Sansa Lineout Docks Starting to Appear?
Sep 6, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #16 of 20
doubled

Sep 6, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the Sansa forum the developers confirmed that the Fuze differs from the rest of the Sandisk players, because you need to connect 3.3v to one of the pins for the line-out to be enabled (on the rest of the players this pin needs to be grounded), and that's why there's no line-out cable for the Fuze and you need a powered docking station.
The line-out could be enabled manually, but it's up to Sandisk whether they'll include it in the firmware or not.

thanks for the info

The solution presented for that was to add a transistor to re-config the pin out....but then some clever sod figured that you could just jump pin 8 to pin 22 to solve this problem.

So your saying pin 30 is not the dedicated audio ground?
Have you got a link ? I find that a bit hard to believe, because then the fuze would not work with the dock...which it does hmmm...

Sep 6, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #18 of 20
More line-out disappointment - Sansa Fuze - Welcome to SanDisk's Sansa Community

If your talking about the above thread there are a few things.

when the 'developer' says there is no linout he means 'without the dock'

when you connect the fuze to the dock you can use the click wheel to control the internal amp inside the dock. The dock is ac powered so the power helps with the volume. However a lineout level signal is sent from the player. there was a preconception that because you could still use the click wheel it wasnt really a lineout

sansa fix also says that the e-200 and the sansa fuze use the same lineout.......and they figured the e-200 lineout here

Sep 6, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the info

The solution presented for that was to add a transistor to re-config the pin out....but then some clever sod figured that you could just jump pin 8 to pin 22 to solve this problem.

So your saying pin 30 is not the dedicated audio ground?
Have you got a link ? I find that a bit hard to believe, because then the fuze would not work with the dock...which it does hmmm...

Here's the link:
http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...cending&page=2

If I understand correctly, then there's no way to get the line-out signal without the dock being powered.
But if there's a steady 5v coming from one of the pins (like with the View), then getting it down to 3,3v and a diode could be a solution, couldn't it?

Sep 7, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #20 of 20
as I put it on the first page...

Pin 8 needs to go high (or pin 7 like two sides of the same coin), which on the dock a 47k resistor brings the 5v down to 3v. On the C240 I have found pin 21 and 22 provide 3v (or 3.3 to be ultra precise). So (for e200 and fuze) pin 8 is jumped to pin 22 and the device (w/ Sansa Firmware) connects the audio channel on the dock/ muting the headphone channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back